Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: "VENOM" Test rig / Codename Weaponry Database [KLASSIFIZIERT]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: RjrijuT.gif]

Not available to public!
Channel access restricted to trusted BDM staff only.

[Image: yYtxZad.png]
VALKNUT NEURAL NETWORK
SCHATTEN PROJECT ARCHIVE [DIREKTOR ACCESS ONLY]
CONNECTION

ESTABLISHED
CONSOLE STATUS

STANDBY

[Image: 5SC7LaU.gif]

RESEARCH FILE ACCESS:
PROJECT "VENOM"
RESEARCH DESIGNATION

PRIORITY: CLASSIFIED 5
READ/WRITE STATUS

ENABLED
CLEARANCE CODE

#̢̀#̴̵͝#̀#̛̀͢͡#̵#̵͟͜͡#̡̢͘͡#̷̶͜#̶̡

Project Statistics
Project Name: VENOM
Project Leader: [REDACTED]
Clarence requirement: Level 4
Project Goals:
■ Agency independent weapons development
■ Experimental production of Ion Compression Weaponry [DANGER]
■ Introduction to mass weapons deployment
Key Updates:
► N/A

[Image: ZjThHnt.png]

[ CONFIDENTIAL ]
Documentation: Project Introduction

Date: 10/02/25A.S.

The weapon hardware has been assembled in a quite very short time. Re-creating portions of the exterior from the IRON HAMMER whilst adjusting ventilation ports on the weapons exterior was nothing more than child's play - the real challenge lies in the interior. The utmost interior layers of the weapon near its core are the high temperature alloys, between them and the exterior are a special layer of numerous and rare ultra-alloys to sustain the weapons massive antimatter output at such a discharge rate. The most powerful known in existence is the HEIMDALL, but that weapon is extremely lacking in its efficiency and relies on its over-exaggerated number of ventilation ports to fire for a short while.

These same alloys are re-installed throughout my personal wraith - which is also currently testing the new HNP engine design in the field. Despite sacrificing a weapon mount for efficiency, the wraith's core would collapse under the usage of any more heavy weaponry. This obstacle has been one that the engineering team has been unable to overcome until my recommendation. There is only one conducting compound in Sirius that could be used to transfer the energy in a controlled manner - Vanadium. Even Daumann had trouble getting their hands on the material, but the real genius is forging it at such a small size for this scale of weapon since they're generally reserved for large scale industrial applications using exorbitant amounts of energy. Most conductors fail because they're simple non-compatible with the profile of fighters as opposed to heavier craft. Hopefully with this adjustment the weapon will be completed along this project.

We're going to have to dive into this a lot further than I hoped for. A simple rigging of stronger capacitors and more cooling isn't going to cut it as the magnetic acceleration rails for these weapons aren't suitable for the amount of energy mass they're attempting to project and in result can possibly melt the barrel after only a few shots. Anyone can stick a bigger battery on something, but to stick a bigger battery and make it worthwhile is the real challenge. If this is going to be the first set of weapons to be introduced within the VENOM line, then we're obviously going to have our work cut out for them.

SGT . [REDACTED]
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
[Image: OUSjcJB.png?1]

RESEARCH FILE ACCESS:
PROJECT "VENOM"
RESEARCH DESIGNATION

READ/WRITE STATUS

ENABLED
CLEARANCE CODE

$ACCESS LOG DATABASE
ACCESSING CENTRAL DATA SERVER...
CHECKING SECURITY CLEARANCE...
... ALPHA PASS
... BETA PASS
... K-ALPHA PASS
... K-BETA PASS
... OMNI MATCHED

:"WELCOME SPEZIALAGENT":
FULL ACCESS GRANTED
$CHDIR ./SCHATTEN/ARCHIVE/OMNI/VENOM/
OK DIRECTORY AT: HOME/SCHATTEN/ARCHIVE/OMNI/VENOM/
$OPEN FI-77

Conclusive Report 1/11/824
Weapon Name: “VENOM”
Discharge rate: 2.00
Velocity: 600 m/s
Energy Consumption per discharge: 350
Range: 600m
Class: 9
Updates/Log Entry:
Well, despite our resources and expertise, I suppose my "rookie" status in this field has some meaning. I'm a biologist as much I am a soldier after-all, anyways, after months of re-running numbers we managed to reach a successful and effective final test. The power output was simply too high to sustain over a reasonable length, a trade-off in overall stopping power was necessary to make the weapons worthwhile. Despite this, the stopping power of these weapons certainly surpasses that of the HEIMDALL class weaponry, and is compatible with the 90-ARKM-N45 due to its limit mounts.

The overall lethal capacity in the field and any side affects have yet be determined, though the engineering team remains clear and insists the weapons wont cost me my life in the field - assuming it goes that far.

As it stands the weapons are mounted and ready, currently awaiting the final authorization to commence field testing from Direktor Enfield - hopefully I get this promotion.

$/END LOG
ARE YOU SURE YOU WISH TO END LOG (Y/N)? Y
SAVING... COMPLETE
LOG ENTRY COMPETE... RETURNING[Image: Llq4ymU.gif]

RESEARCH FILE ACCESS:
PROJECT "VENOM"
RESEARCH DESIGNATION

READ/WRITE STATUS

ENABLED
CLEARANCE CODE

$ACCESS LOG DATABASE
ACCESSING CENTRAL DATA SERVER...
CHECKING SECURITY CLEARANCE...
... ALPHA PASS
... BETA PASS
... K-ALPHA PASS
... K-BETA PASS
... OMNI MATCHED

:"WELCOME DIREKTOR":
FULL ACCESS GRANTED
$CHDIR ./LAURENZ/ARCHIVE/OMNI/VENOM/
OK DIRECTORY AT: HOME/LAURENZ/ARCHIVE/OMNI/VENOM/
$OPEN FI-77

Followup Report 18/11/833
Weapon Name: “VENOM”
Discharge rate: 2.00
Velocity: 600 m/s
Energy Consumption per discharge: 350
Range: 600m
Class: 9
Updates/Log Entry:
It's a bit strange to think that all I saw in this was a means to get a promotion seven years ago. Now this weapon has become the foundation for the means by which to destroy entire habitats.

Reliability, power, and precision. This weapon hasn't failed me over the years, several encounters that might've gotten me killed have been avoidable thanks to the VENOM design. Still, between this, NEUROTOXIN, BATRACHOTOXIN, and the threats we face in the future - we need a safety net. The specs behind those alien ruins in Earhart contain offensive and defensive hardware. There may be a way for me to rig a shielding system to resist these weapons, as well as the nomad ones. I just need those damn scans.

$/END LOG
ARE YOU SURE YOU WISH TO END LOG (Y/N)? Y
SAVING... COMPLETE
LOG ENTRY COMPETE... RETURNING[Image: Llq4ymU.gif]