Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Poll: Should Bustards have thrusters?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Given the technicality that Bustards are Liners, and despite their size and armaments, I find it a bit strange that Bustards can't mount a thruster.

Given their general purpose, I think they should be given a thruster hardpoint.

Agree?
Disagree?
Far as I'm aware it's still a carrier right? Carriers, even before the battlecruiser class of ships existed, didnt have thrusters, just like battleships.
By all technicalities, they're battleships (carriers)

Also no, they're quite fine being paperweights.
(10-06-2018, 06:04 AM)Saronsen Wrote: [ -> ]By all technicalities, they're battleships (carriers)

Also no, they're quite fine being paperweights.

with no BS weapons rofl yea nice comparison
(10-06-2018, 06:06 AM)Kalhmera Wrote: [ -> ]with no BS weapons rofl yea nice comparison

Battleship core and a battleship secondary, good enuff for me.

Technically they're battleships, by laws they hover around Liner status.
(10-06-2018, 06:13 AM)Saronsen Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2018, 06:06 AM)Kalhmera Wrote: [ -> ]with no BS weapons rofl yea nice comparison

Battleship core and a battleship secondary, good enuff for me.

Technically they're battleships, by laws they hover around Liner status.

No heavy slots to speak of, however.
Their purpose was to be a carrier (modules are bugged for everyone, not much you can do) and jumpdrive option for Freelancer ID's.

Not a capital combat ship, and certainly not one meant to be able to maneuver.
Based on the ships intended role being one of a carrier or jumpdrive ship, I'm gonna say they don't need thrusters.
(10-06-2018, 06:13 AM)Saronsen Wrote: [ -> ]Battleship core and a battleship secondary, good enuff for me.

Corection :

CARRIER core and ONE Battleship secundary, rests are Cruiser Secundary.

As for my opinion of Bustard :

Considering it was last modified while BattleCruisers speciific weapons still dint existed , with Battleship slot intendend to use flak , i think it is time to Bustard recives all BattleCruisers (light) slots .
Also , since have terible arcs, where only half of them fire backwards ,it needs either arc buf ir number buf .
Also, since it has (at least) BattleCruiser size and Hull, so needs Thruster , like rest of them.
Bustard's case is complex. Wiki says this ship is a Liner but also classified as a Light Carrier. As far as I know that's indeed a Liner with cruiser weapons. So technically it should have a thruster according to its class. The Hull is already important and can already use a jump drive and a cloak. It does not need thruster in my opinion. However add a thruster on it wouldn't disturb me.

https://discoverygc.com/wiki/Bustard
Pages: 1 2 3 4