Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Recommendation for RAM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So a few know already I have issues with my PC recently, which cause resource-intense games like Warframe to crash, and frequently also the entire PC. I also notice more and more crashes when recording with OBS, so I used diagnostics tools and found out it's a RAM-related. Shut up, Nyx. My PC used to work with two Corsair VengeanceLP 2x4GB sticks, meaning it should have 16gb memory. It doesn't, as one of them ceased to work, which is obviously a bad.

Now I'm looking for recommendations for new RAM sticks and what I need to watch out for. I don't want to spend more than 50€ and it should be working with my AMD FX™-6300 Six-Core Processor and ATI Radeon HD 4770 Graphics Card. I myself am not very experienced with all the hardware stuff, so I guess some of you have more qualified suggestions for me.
goto crucial.com do a system scan itll show whats compatible and prices
50 euros is too low budget for RAM in the current PC part economy, unfortunately.
I cannot make a recommendation unless you have the make and model of your motherboard. It's the limiting factor when it comes to speed, and thus cost effectiveness.
[Image: unknown.png]
try your 4gb ram one by one to see! change the slot ?

no advice more, it's strange

which operating system?
Have you tested all four sticks and confirmed only one is bad? If so, you only need to replace that one, not all four. It is recommended to replace all memory at once, but it is no means absolutely critical.

You should ideally try to find the exact same model, though. The model number should be on each individual stick. A quick Google search for the model number should net you not just the 2-pack you already know about, but hopefully the individual sticks as well.

Tech guy here, so if you need more direction, just let me know.
(10-07-2018, 04:06 PM)Aristaan Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot make a recommendation unless you have the make and model of your motherboard. It's the limiting factor when it comes to speed, and thus cost effectiveness.

yep, if he went to crucial.com itll show everything compatible, shows motherboard the lot