Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Somewhat stupid question about Sunrider
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apologies if the answer lies on the surface.
I've been digging through FLStat and testing various ships in SP when I noticed this civilian VHF has some pretty good stats, at least on paper. It has decent HF-level armor + high powercore but is also FAR more agile than most LFs.
How come people don't abuse the hell out of it when you can fly circles around the enemy like a LF and rain fire with your energy-efficient Class 8 guns? I can't remember seeing other players fly it. Does this have something to do with tech compatibility or its hitbox (which is quite big)?
I really must be missing something.
If you mean the Sunrider, then the ship is quite big from above and therefore rather useless in group combat. Some PVP vets may elaborate further Smile
it's a good ship, but only HF, not VHF.

I'm not expert but if you are a good pilot, you can annoy some vhf/bomber with it!

only one torp/cd

if i remember, there is a review on the wiki

don't forget it's just an HF
Short answer - because mines exist.
(10-11-2018, 09:29 PM)Antonio Wrote: [ -> ]Short answer - because mines exist.

I would kind of prefer if the nuke mine didn't instakill hf and lf. Reducing its damage to 15k or 13k might make the difference there, while not removing its utility overall.
(10-11-2018, 09:43 PM)Unseelie Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-11-2018, 09:29 PM)Antonio Wrote: [ -> ]Short answer - because mines exist.

I would kind of prefer if the nuke mine didn't instakill hf and lf. Reducing its damage to 15k or 13k might make the difference there, while not removing its utility overall.

SNAC nerfed for insta killing, mines to be nerfed for insta killing. What will peeps want next? Guns do no damage cuz they kill ships?
a better armor on hf or an admin shield Wink
Snac was changed because they didnt want bombers easily killing their primary counter (fighters), and because anti-cap weapons should not be equally effective against snubs. Mines are meant to be anti-snub weapons in freelancer, they arent likely to be changed.
I think being insta killed kinda ruins alot of fun for people which is why some might want the insta kill weapons nerfed.