Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Lane Hackers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
12 Octobre, 741 A.G.S.
Destroyer Belisama, Gironde ("Tau-23") System
[Image: PnPOy9K.png]

Sender: Duchesse Claire Sophie DeFrance
Recipient: The Lane Hackers, Magellan
Subject: Inquiry [text-only]

Bonjour,

My name is Claire DeFrance, a member of the royal family of the Kingdom.

I appreciate that this message may be unexpected, however I hope that the current political climate will not be a factor in this conversation.

I have been informed by my advisor that the Lane Hackers are dedicated information gatherers and dealers despite engaging in piracy, and I am in need of your services. The information I am seeking is related to the Outcasts, which is unfortunately out of the scope I can investigate, and would be immensely grateful for assistance in this matter.

Naturally, I would be willing to provide appropriate compensation for any services rendered.

Before I delve into any details, is this something that you could assist me with?

Cordialement,
Duchesse Claire Sophie DeFrance

Transmission Terminée
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Professor.Provocateur.Goro.Yoshida.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: aYeyeyU.png][Image: oAsa1LZ.png]

Duchesse Claire DeFrance,

I am Professor Provocateur Yoshida of the Lane Hackers. A name which I suspect you might have heard again in the past. Duchesse, your standing is well known to us and I can assure you that the current political climate will not be a factor indeed.

We are first and foremost, information brokers. As long as your request is not against our written or verbal promises we have made to other parties (such as confidential information) or against the interests of this faction, then I believe we can reach a mutually beneficial arrangement.

Speak your mind Duchesse, you have my full attention.

...message.copy.protected...automated.deletion.initiated...
...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...
14 Octobre, 741 A.G.S.

Recipient: Professor Provocateur Yoshida
Subject: Inquiry [text-only]

Professor Provocateur Yoshida,

Thank you for your prompt response, I'm happy to hear that we will be able to cooperate.

Without going into too many formalities, the core of the matter is surrounding the Lucullus-class liner Calliope and, more importantly, its passenger: Charlotte DeFrance.

According to archived reports I have managed to gain access to, the ship was supposedly attacked in the Lorraine system by none other than the Outcasts. This attack took place on the 2nd of February last year, with the ship having never been seen since that date. It has completely disappeared from the Royal Navy ship tracker, so it either went out of range, or the tracking system was disabled.

I can recall that this group has actually managed to capture the Calliope, and a source from the Royal Intelligence assured me that conversations with them would soon be underway. Unfortunately, everything after that went completely quiet. Days turned to weeks, weeks to months; there were no updates to the situation, no reports to be seen. Either they were highly classified, or the Kingdom has given up. I fear for the worst, Professor.

I want to know what happened to the ship and the person in question after that incident. I do not know any contacts with the Outcasts, and as far as I'm aware, they wouldn't be particularly very helpful or pleasant given the current situation.

I would be greatly in your debt if you could investigate this further and see what happened with Charlotte. Please tell me what would you require in exchange, and I'll see to it.

Cordialement,

Transmission Terminée
...uploading.data...

Your request has been received. Rest assured, we will thoroughly investigate the matter surrounding the disappearance of the King's niece and you will be informed of its results.

Normally, our first thought is to access the USI as it is exceptionally helpful for identifying ships and scanning their equipment which allows us to determine the suspect's motives and future actions. Unfortunately this incident took place in Gallia so this data is unavailable to us. We'd appreciate if you create a backdoor on EFL's tracking system, in order to access the data of that dreadful day and based on the ships' signatures possibly identify the Outcasts responsible for this attack. As one of their closest allies, most of their identities are known to us. For security purposes the Royal Intelligence will probably request to have a superuser to supervise and monitor our actions; we don't have a problem with that.

Furthermore, we'd appreciate if you share any other relevant information you might still have in your possession as that may further narrow down our search.

As for our fee, that would depend on the amount of work and the difficulty of this particular case, both unknown to us still until we get Charlotte back. Rest assured however if there are any significant expenses we might need to make (such as bribes), we'll require your approval first before making them.

17 Octobre, 741 A.G.S.

Subject: Inquiry

Professor Provocateur Yoshida,

Unfortunately, this would be an off-the-books investigation; my resources in that regard are quite limited. The Royal Intelligence and Navy aren't interested in answering any of my queries, to put it bluntly. It is likely that the Marechal has his own plans on how to deal with this situation, however with the war raging on, I don't believe anything will be done in time considering over a year has already went by. It is truly baffling that this was handled the way that it was.

This is actually the reason I am contacting yourselves. If the GRI had caught wind of this, or even worse, noticed activity from Sirius on their networks, things would end very poorly for both myself and the Lane Hackers. I would appreciate it if this would reach as few ears as possible, and as a result, I will not be able to provide direct access to the EFL networks.

While the networks are out of the question, I have previously come across sensor data from the Luneville Guard Station. It did detect numerous ships traversing through the minefield which sealed the Omicrons. The only ships that caused concern were codenamed, and a few individual names that were not present in the Gallic Citizen database. They were tagged as 'L\-Eliza.Valdez' and 'L\-Ezio.Aquila' by our IFF system and were seen entering the system prior to the attack.

Lastly, the Royal Navy has received a message a few days after the attack. This confirmed that it was the Outcasts that have done this deed. I am making this available in the attachments. This has been picked up by the higher-ups of the Navy, but again, I do not know what happened afterwards.

Please tell me if this is of any use, or if anything else is required.

Cordialement,

Attachments:
[x]

Transmission Terminée
...uploading.data...

I am sending you this message to inform you of important developments in our case. The people responsible for Charlotte's abduction have been identified. And I will soon have news about the status of the Princess.

Considering the breakthrough we also need to discuss our payment. We understand that during wartime, funds are limited and closely monitored, so secretly wiring a princely sum for the Princess is something which even a woman of your status might experience difficulty to achieve. Instead, we would like to receive files about several key EFL employees, of course this exchange will strictly remain between us.

I also have a valuable intel to share. As a matter of fact this is actually the first time we share intel with Gallic authorities. To sweeten the deal please consider it as free of charge: We have received word that the Crayter Republic is mobilizing against the IMG assets in the upper Taus. That should be very alarming for the Kingdom considering the shipyard and everything else would immediately be used and exploited solely against GRN considering CR's peace with the Outcasts. However they lost an important Carrier group last year in Tau-29, thus their forces are depleted and spread thin. If you do not miss the opportunity and commence an attack in Tau-44 right now you will find practically no resistance and your losses will be a tiny fraction of the ones the Royal Navy incurred during the initial invasion of 44. And of course the rising threat of CR will be almost completely eliminated.

The Lane Hackers are the most renowned information brokers in Sirius for a reason and I hope this will prove to you our oustanding reputation.

...uploading.data...

ADDENDUM: Following the Crayterian government's announcement you should consider the previously shared intel as outdated and no longer applicable.

14 April, 742 A.G.S.

Subject: Inquiry

Professor Provocateur,

Thank you for the update. I look forward to hearing who is the person responsible for the attack so we can finally take action on recovering her.

In regards to the payment, I appreciate your concern. Finding data on the requested personnel will take some time, but I will see what can be done.

Please let me know immediately if there's any further updates to the investigation.

Cordialement,

Transmission Terminée