Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Nerva's Poorly written but Mildly helpful BB Code generators
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
'Morning, 'Afternoon, 'Evening,

Welcome to Nerva's Poorly written but Mildly helpful BB Code generators
They are ugly, they use var in (new Date()).getFullYear() but they are mildly useful.
Huh? For a guy who talks about BB code, this post of yours has almost no formatting.

[Image: KsDpsQ3.gif]
Dr.Mittens'approval certifies that this thread is immune to drama.

For some time now I have been aiding people either by helping them understand how BB code works, or by jumping in and formatting the posts for them.

I soon realized that many players miss out on some of the formatting options we have on the forum. Unfortunately, my free time is really limited, and I can't really help everyone (sorry people that I've turned down Sad ). Thus, I started making some small html/css/js generators (hosted on Codepen) for various issues that I noticed people are struggling with.

This is not the final list, more will come. I am also planing on starting BB Code Templates Thread as soon as I get some decent free time.

Oh, and be sure to check the BB Code Repository

Right then, let's get back to business:

Simple Things

Fancy things

Pfew, this took some time to write.
I hope some of you find this helpful. The first two comments will be reserved for future work.

That is it for today! (sun)
Taking this one for future posts.

Feedback and everything else goes here. I will still improve them when I have time, they are far from being perfect.
Yes, my coding skills are pretty bad.
Yes, I did not invest that much in CSS-ing them to look really nice.
Yup, there might be bugs, especially if not all the fields are filled.
This one was taken by Dr. Mittens.
[Image: KsDpsQ3.gif]