Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Iris Notice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not leaving, really, but I'm noticing that I'm investing myself way too much in Disco right now and it's pulling me away from actually enjoying RP and doing other projects that I'm interested in.

I want to focus more on my actual storylines, and I just haven't been doing that much. So, for now I'm going to pull away from logging for PvP, and just focus on Aisling's story, and possibly Siara.

Incidentally, if anyone wants to interact with me for non-violent and/or character-driven RP, I am basically always looking for more of that. I'd like to log ingame more for RP alone, but logging by myself on a non-combat ship is rarely rewarding.

I expect that this hiatus from PvP-related commitments and Dsco for Disco's sake will last at least a couple of weeks. My Discord is Goddess Iris#8062 if anyone needs to get in contact with me.
Come let Jess and the Core take care of you.
PvP can be very infuriating, however when you log in space there is always a chance for PvP to break out weather you want it to happen or not. Either way enjoy focusing on your RP more.
I know the feeling, every time i get into pvp here whether win or lose there's always some butthurt or salt getting thrown around by whichever parties were involved. It starts to wear on the nerves when nobody can ever just take the win or loss with a little grace and move on.

I'll still hit you up for involvement in Miranda's RP though, if you're up for it. Shouldnt involve any pvp for the forseeable future =P
Best decision you can make for yourself. PvP in Discovery never comes without salt on either side. Hell, during the entire thing yesterday I was logged for four hours on an LF and saw like a dozen of rule violations on both sides. And people going nuts about simple things like talking over each other in Discord VC. As much fun as it was, at least to me as observant and interceptor without stakes, even I myself felt weird about dropping my engagement lines at the beginning of the battle while the battles lasted so long and had so many people join at random points of time that I wasn't sure when it would look to them like some rando started to CD them without any lines.

Good thing the only thing you need to worry about in non-PvP situations is about people metagaming knowledge about you. Smile
Yeah, as much fun as I had in the event, it really put into perspective how I need to put RP first, and let PvP be the spice of RP, rather than the other way around. PvP may inevitably, happen, but. No point in going looking for drama, right? ^^;

Still, I'm going to keep training to get gud, just in case.