Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Core's Iridium Rush
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sobafter polling some user feedback around the community I think maybe this event could use a couple of improvements?
  • The event really needs a quasi-lawful sell point for the Iridium Ore. Tarancon in Omicron Minor would be perfect for this. Perhaps creating a $5.5k sell point would be the best thing. It'd give unlawful IDs a place to sell loot, as they lack one currently (the Order sell point doesn't allow docking for pretty much every unlawful ID in the Omicrons).
  • I think I made a bit of an oversight in not considering created a good route for a return commoditiy as there isn't anything by default from Alabama apparently. What if Freeport 11 bought APM Advanced Hardware for something like $3k a unit? This could just be roleplayed as the local administration acquiring items to fortify the Freeport with, as per a contract stemming from the peace agreement between the two entities. Just pulling an idea out of the air here.
Buffed the sell price to compensate for no return route.
Added Tarancon.
Balls I knew I forgot to mention something else in my post: could a 30 min response timer be added to Lost and Delta please? Maybe Minor, Rho and Kappa could also benefit from one.

Once again, thank you.

Could the increase be a little bigger than 500 pls
Nomads may not be able to pie rat but I'll eat your iridium every chance I get
(11-08-2018, 06:29 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Balls I knew I forgot to mention something else in my post: could a 30 min response timer be added to Lost and Delta please? Maybe Minor, Rho and Kappa could also benefit from one.

Yesplz, it would greatly benefit in mutual activity within the region.
After doing one run I'll have to (yet again) complain about an event:

The main issue I see with this is not the concept of it nor the route itself. It's a dangerous route within the Omicrons that has been giving the Systems around Delta quite some activity over the time that it has lasted so far. However, there's something that I would like to point out while I have the chance to do so.
While the event does give activity to the systems, it is not all that rewarding to participate. I've done one run from Alabama to the Mining Field and back, and it took me around 20 minutes in a 5k Cargo transport. A short run, 40million credits. That's 120 million Credits in total, not bad at all. If I subtract the price for the miner then I'm getting into a range of 95-105million Credits an hour. That's the standard route for Ore-trading. It's not bad to say the least, but I am feeling like for the risk that you are taking it is way too little.
You are mining within the Homeworld of the Vagrants, and on top of that you have the AI and the Order lurking around to be able to kill you at any time (if you fly a Core-Id'd ship).
So basically you are making the same cash as any normal trader but you take like 10x the risk. Can be fun, but in an unarmored undergunned transport I cannot imagine the pain of getting blown up probably around twice a day.

I don't even want to imagine how this event is for the Order or the AI playerbase. Naturally, the Core should be profiting from it the most as the event is literally centered around it, and it's nice to even give them a piece of their cake, I wonder what the point in them receiving the mining bonus is. They have horrible Credits/Hour rates while facing the same risk as the Core, and should at least be partially rewarded for taking that gamble.

A while back there was a similar event to this, with Planetoid Ore. While you had to literally buy the mining-bonus for 500 Scientific Data per Faction, it was also much more rewarding. You still had the risk of getting blown up by Nomads, and in the case of factions like the IMG, who paid for the bonus, the Core was also an issue. To compensate for all of the risks you were taking however, you were rewarded with very good Credits/Hour rates, even after the Buypoints were nerfed by around 30% after the first active day of the event. This is the mentioned event, and taking the Ore from Delta to New London, Gold to New Berlin and a normal commodity ( I forgot which, forgive me) back to Delta, you were getting better Credits/Hour rates than any other typical trader who is not taking much of a risk at all. Hell, using Bustards and Ragnar's to Jumptrade the damn stuff to New York( yes, not even New London which was better) gave you around 100million an hour just for the miners, and for an non-jumping Bustard it was about 200 million an hour.

I would honestly like to see a buff for all the sell points to make this worth even for those who want to participate for the sake of farming credits (like me, lol), while still giving the other participants a reason to kill you and steal your loot. If it stays like this then people will quickly realize that normal trading is just simply better and not as stressful.
Really makes you think: outside of this event how well balanced are the Omicron ores? Now that I think about it, Iridium has only got some attention after this buff. Silverlight would at least do some Azurite mining runs now and again. But it's so rare to see anyone mining Iridium.
(11-09-2018, 08:32 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Really makes you think: outside of this event how well balanced are the Omicron ores? Now that I think about it, Iridium has only got some attention after this buff. Silverlight would at least do some Azurite mining runs now and again. But it's so rare to see anyone mining Iridium.

Yeah, I can remember as an indie Core miner trying to get established in Lost. I was pulverised - attacked and destroyed over four days by random members of various factions. Basically, it's a death trap. Wasn't worth the hassle. I could mine Prem scrap and deliver to Alabama 99 times out of 100 delivered it safely, and make more credits. I think I barely got 6 loads of Iridium Ore out in four days.

All in all, Omicron lost should be the AI home system. Iridium Ore should be moved to Coronado, for the RP benefits.
(11-09-2018, 09:28 PM)Inquest2 Wrote: [ -> ]All in all, Omicron lost should be the AI home system. Iridium Ore should be moved to Coronado, for the RP benefits.

Not sure about that. The Devs should have just done what I've been suggesting from the outset: swap the Azurite and Iridium fields. Iridium really should be in Delta - make the system something like Tau-23. Although AI do have a base there, generally speaking, it's a bit far away from Kappa, and is inconvenient for travel. Secondly, it's also further away from Gamma and Corsairs are -the- unlawful pirate faction in the Omicrons. It doesn't make it easy for them to interact. The sell points location wise are fine, they might just need a review. Or the mining rates.
(11-09-2018, 09:43 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]swap the Azurite and Iridium fields. Iridium really should be in Delta - make the system something like Tau-23.

Why not move the Iridium ore to Kappa, or even in Chi? In the light of the removal of Xeno relics from Gamma, who would want to travel there?

Xi would have been handy for Xeno relics but totally useless having it in a planet where you can only take 650 units out max a time. If it takes 5 minutes to do a round trip that is not even 8000 units PER HOUR you could extract. (that decision was not thought through TBH).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7