Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Corona still not being nerfed is a joke
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Would you look at that. Someone on this server has a functioning brain.
why they should nerf something they like to use? Afaik Balance team love snubs more and dont really care about capitals, you can see that on changelogs just like when Haste was balance dev lol.

-Kinetic nerf missing for like nearly 1 year
-More content for snubs/balance for snubs
-Ignoring players who knows capital ships
-Carriers still half completed ship class and carriers not even flyable
I kind of see it as given that the shipclass meant to fight caps have advantages fighting caps. That you have no counterplay, well, perhaps you ought use your significant hull points to run to the next base. This is what I've been told time and again when I complain that Transports have no ability to counter a pirate.

This is generally the same problem. Caps are big, fat, and slow, and have a class designed to take them out.

That in a numbers balanced fight, the bomber gets to decide whether they engage, with very little the single cap can do to ward off a single corona bomber seems balanced to me, at the lower end of numbers, by the fact that you need two or more corona bombers to simply overtake the shields on a cap. The attacker does get to decide when to engage...that's natural.

A 1v1 is a stalemate,
a 2v2 is may still be a stalemate,
A 3v3 is interesting,
A 4v4 is favoring the bombers
10 v 10, as we saw at the recent carrier sieges, it really does not matter which weapons the bombers have, they have enough munitions to slowly whittle the big, fat, slow guys down from outside of the range.

Anytime one side has more than a 3:2 numbers advantage, the advantaged side is absolutely favored to win, and I find that very reasonable. As much of this argument is about 2 or more bombers ganging up on one cap....If you're being ganged up on, you're not favored to win.

The thing we might consider is letting capital craft, with their very big engines, perhaps move at speeds that make a bomber have a harder time keeping up or keeping out of range, a style of thrust mechanic that would let them pounce, flak that is likely to hit at corona range, or other munitions, such as missiles.
I agree with everything posted here. Have shared my opinion about this before, as a fairly new/returning player, and still surprised that it hasn't got a range nerf yet. Another fun fact is that even though the Corona has reduced damage vs snubs, it can still be used (although very inefficient) to kill them. In a 1v1 situation vs a snub this would indeed be practically useless, but when you're 3+ snubs chasing 1 snub that is trying to run you can still fairly easily hit it. I say it's easy because I know I dont have that great of an aim and I can still hit snubs with it from 800-900 meters. I don't know any other snub weapon that can be used to hit another snub with such an ease from this range. It's a piece of cake to use in cockpit view when all you have to do is make sure the target you're firing at is right in the middle of your screen. Yes, it doesn't do much damage at all (vs snubs) because most of the times you're just doing small-bursts, but the velocity of this weapon is what makes it able to do this and in turn requires no skill at all to use vs a capital ship.
agreed with the op
Give us back the snac.
(11-25-2018, 05:41 PM)LV-426 Wrote: [ -> ]Give us back the snac.

It hasn't been deleted and works perfectly fine against caps.
(11-25-2018, 05:51 PM)Keller Wrote: [ -> ]

It hasn't been deleted and works perfectly fine against caps.

Snac deals 100% damage to bs's.

You are wasting your time with asking SNAC to be reverted. They are just too dumb
(11-25-2018, 06:17 PM)Nepotu Wrote: [ -> ]

You are wasting your time with asking SNAC to be reverted. They are just too dumb
I demand.
Pages: 1 2 3