Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Comparing the Council HF to a few VHF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys, i've just been sat in connecticut with a player on a Lynx VHF, while I was on my Maquis Agama HF. We compared ship size and it is rather clear that the Lynx is smaller then the Agama,
If you look at these four picture's i've taken you can see. 1 2 3 4

Also just checked the Council Agama HF to a Liberty Navy Guardian VHF, and it is also alot bigger. Here are the pictures.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

I'm not how sure dev and balance stuff works, but is this correct, or is this how it's suppose to be, because if i'm not mistake the Council "Stellion" VHF is even larger then the Agama?
Can a dev please explain this to me.

Many thanks.
I'd consider the Agama harder to hit than the Lynx, regardless of their size differences.

Furthermore, the Lynx has many more opponents than just the Agama (and Stellion).
(11-27-2018, 01:00 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]I'd consider the Agama harder to hit than the Lynx, regardless of their size differences.

Furthermore, the Lynx has many more opponents than just the Agama (and Stellion).

I wouldn't say so, but i've asked for Dev's explanation on this, no offense.
The Agama is closer to the camera in your screenshots, though. Might have an effect.
(11-27-2018, 01:04 AM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]The Agama is closer to the camera in your screenshots, though. Might have an effect.

That's because you shouldn't be able to zoom out in a fighter?
Closer objects appear larger.
Bad comparison with the zoom distance between ships. Also there are many snubs in "lower" snub classes that are bigger than ships in "higher" classes - see Griffin vs Saishi, Hammerhead vs Starblazer, Sunrider vs most VHFs, Executioner vs Guardian, Nephthys vs Bergelmir, etc. Agama being in that group with insane 81+ turn rate doesn't seem anything strange, but first get proper comparison evidence.

Just to show how misleading it can be, if you compare the Gallic LF to an Agama they will also seem similar sized and then you'll say "look the LF is so big compared to an HF, look into it".
Use a modeling program to have the same pov and keep an eye out for the scale and make sure its the same, if you want to compare models.

Nevermind that you also have a slew of other factors that do matter in a duel/groupfight.

<3
I pulled the two out and put them side by side and they're similar in length but the top, bottom and rear angles of the Lynx have a much larger hit area. The Gallic HF whose name I unfortunately can't remember is just a Lynx without the little barrel and pipes thing attached to it so it's similarly easy to hit as the Lynx from most angles without any of the VHF-related benefits and that gives me a sad.
[Image: KtAA64I.png]

15 degrees faster turn rate and 7.7% faster response time on the Agama is going to more than compensate for any similarity in size.
Pages: 1 2