Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Friends, Rivals and Tenstions: The Summit at Tombstone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Tombstone Estate, Planet Gran Canaria, Omega 49 System

Many years before, Doc swore that he would never again put on the robes of diplomacy. With the presence of Bretonian warships in his home space, that vow changed. The invitations were sent out and soon guests would begin to arrive. It was now that he realized the struggle of living alone. He was no cook and he stood at his kitchen counter trying to figure out what to prepare for his guests. Setting up the bar was easy but food? That was something else.
"Dammit," he said, "guests will be here in a few hours and I cannot get catering now. Dammit!" He took a moment to collect himself and sipped his coffee. As he did, a voice was heard behind him.

"Daddy," said the voice. When Doc turned, his eldest daughter, Emiko, stood at the door. It had been months since he had seen her. She was dressed in a Kimono, standing with her hands behind her back, her hair was down and a light smile. Placing his coffee on the counter, he approached her as a tear fell down his cheek through the light return smile. He place his hands on her shoulders and looked at her.
"You look just like your mother," he said to her. He then hugged her and she returned it, "Welcome home."
"I'm sorry, Daddy," she answered through the hug, "I have been trying to find my own way. I didn't want to be the daughter of Dr. John Holliday nor did I want to ride your coattails to success, rather, I wanted to figure things out but when I heard of the threat to home, I couldn't stay away. My father needed me."

"It is OK," he answered before holding her at arm's length again, "You are here and you will always have a room here."
She then sighed with a straight face, "Daddy, I did a couple of things that I am not proud of." She rolled up the Kimono enough to reveal her right side where she wore a green dragon rib tattoo and her left was another rib tattoo of Chrysanthemums. She then let the dress back down. He put his hands back on her shoulders.
"It is OK, Dahlin'," he started before she interrupted, reaching into her purse and producing a pack of cigarettes. "I found one of your old habits, Daddy. Please take these. I want to stop."
"It is still OK. You are my beautiful daughter and you are home," was all that he answered.
She then looked over at the counter, "So I see that you need some help." She then walked over to the counter, then the refrigerator and then began looking through cabinets.
"I'm not my mother when it comes to cooking but I think I can get something set up for you. Gramma taught me a few things on Honshu."
"I bet she did," replied Doc smiling. With that, Emiko went to work making simple hors' d'oeuvres and preparing a table of main course items while Doc prepared a bar.

The bar itself would have drinks from all over Sirius and Gallia. Beers and ales, Scotch, Corsair Rum, Coalition Vodka, Gallic Wine and many other spirits. Mugs, glasses and the many fruits and vegetable items that might go into a drink were set up.
He also set tables for all and had a large, comm screen monitor to make video presentations. He also took time to prepare his own speech and presentation. He would eventually return to where Emiko was working her magic.

"Do be sure that you have time to clean up," he reminded her. She only replied with a smile over her shoulder. Yes, she was busy.
"And um, do be aware that most of the delegates, if not all, will not know that you are my daughter and no doubt will at least, well, you know.......say things to you that are not...."
She snickered and smiled, "Yes, Daddy, I know." She kissed him. "Once the main course is in the oven, I will shower and change."
"Very well," he replied smiling.
He then thought about Alessa. "Um, Emiko, when this is all done, there is something I want to talk to you about, totally unrelated of course."
She nodded, "Sure, Daddy." She then smirked at him, "Now if you don't stop bothering me, I won't get this done."
Doc just laughed, "Now you sound like your mother." With that, he let her be and continued with his own prep.

Username removed

Ivan presented himself at the door with a digital copy of his invitation.

Ivan Norovich representing the SCEC Security Cell, I was summoned here to provide security for the summit, considering all the parties involved.

I'll have you know that I carry a blaster pistol on me for that purpose only, if you wish, I will surrender it before I enter.

The video feed cut off
Edinburg, Near planet Gaia.

"Maybe I should have given her some kind of communication device. Or I could have taken her with me.
So many possibilities. Yet this is the one fate has decided."

Once Megaera was sufficiently out of range, so the Gaian Guard would not be alerted, she deactived her cloaking device. She looked at the screen and saw only 10% of her cloak batteries remained. She decided to make a detour to Baffin first, to stock up on supplies and batteries.
Upon arriving at Brunswick Shrine, she unloaded the plant samples from her sichel and had them transported to her lab. The container with the corpse of the dino shrimp was hooked up to the computer for analysis.

She herself was still wearing her bikini and some of the popes were looking at her with curiosity when she left the lab again to pick up the remaining plants from the ship. When she was done she locked the door and walked to the back of the lab where her I-5E “Marauder” powered exoskeleton was stored.

A few minutes later she left the lab again, this time wearing her exoskeleton. The suit was a snug and comfortable fit, just as Golanski said it would. It did not add much bulk to her frame and actually made her feel lighter. In the sichel she sat in the pilot seat and put the helmet next to her. She typed in her new destination: Gran Canaria.

She muttered to herself
"This is some really nice hardware, Golanski."
"Typhoon"-class Coalition Destroyer "Pripyat", Gran Canaria's Orbit, Omega-49 System

[Image: x7sJkqZ.png]
It was nothing but a matter of time when Pripyat and her crew would arrive at Gran Canaria's orbit. There were no less tensions aboard the ship than in the system itself.
Major Grachov was already wearing his uniform and preparing to descend. But his excecutive officer, Artyom Pavlov, had an another opinion about this summit.
He was standing in the doorframe of Major's appartments, while anatoliy was adding final touches to his appearance and looking at the mirror. Artyom sighed. "Don't you just realise? It's a waste of time. Especially with Custodians being there." But Grachov, on the other hand, remained optimistic about it. "I'll bypass the custodians and focus on Zoners and Brits. If this doesn't work, well... It will be indeed a waste. You know me, I hate diplomats and I ain't diplomat, but I'm the only one who has to do the job. He adjusted his peak-cap and turned towards the doorstep, with the same develish smile on his face. "Never you mind, Artyom. I know what I do. If it will be a waste, so be it. But it's worth a try." In reply, Artyom just sighed, shrugged and stepped out of Grachov's way. "I guess. You never failed us this far." Grachov stepped forward, nodding. "Give an order to the shuttle pilot, I need a transfer to Gran Canaria." "Tak tochno, Comrade Major. Good luck on the summit." Grachov was already on his way to the shuttle bay when he heard "good luck". He sharply turned at Artyom, kept walking backwards, and shouted: "Fortuna is a myth!"

Tombstone Estate, Planet Gran Canaria, Omega 49 System

The shuttle descended in front of the estate. While Major had no time to appreciate it aesthetically, he broadly walked towards the entrance. He noticed that he wasn't the first one to arrive there and he gave away a vicious smug - it was his new recruit. "Comrade Norovich." Anatoliy was already holding a small holopad with his invitation in his left hand. He put it up at the screen and introduced himself. "Major Anatoliy Grachov, Sirius Coalition Expeditionary Corps, Security Cell." He removed the invitation from the screen, stared at it with a raised eyebrow for a few seconds and then leaned on the nearest wall in front of Ivan. "So, how do you like your new company?"
An AI-Drone landes near the Estate and a robot get out of it.
It wasn't carry a gun like some other guests.

"Greetings, Humans" it said the robot-voice. "I'm the envoy of the FreeAI."
Then it saw that there is not so much Service-Personal.
"Can i help you?"

Username removed

Ivan turned around and greeted Major Grachov with a military salute.

Is it customary of the Zoners to let us wait outside until we start feeding on each other?

Ivan kept his serious look for a few seconds before he busted into laughter.

The laughter stopped and Ivan resumed his serious stance.

Seriously now, if local powers have received the same invitation, then someone better open this door before they arrive or things could turn ugly.

You're a high ranking target, somebody using this opportunity to take a shot at you may not be so far fetched.

Ivan said while looking past the Major's shoulders, scanning the area for possible sniper positions.

Just as Ivan finished talking, he spotted an AI unit walking over to them.

Looks like guests are starting to arrive.

Ivan said grabbing his blaster holder.
Grachov chuckled in responce to Ivan's nervous laughter. "Patience." He said, keeping a smug on his face and showing with his right hand to keep recruit's urge from the guns. "Firearms are the last resort in diplomacy. As you can see, I've arrived unarmed. But I don't exclude such a possibility." He took a brief gaze at Canaria's sky when he was saying the last part of the sentance. Then he turned at the AI that just arrived, remaining his face under his cap, and responded. "Greetings. No. We don't need any help. Although, you better introduce yourself to the hosts. If you received the invite, of course." He turned back at Norovich and continued a bit silently. "See? calm and polite. Something that is demanded in our cell. To be polite and efficent. You see, in the end, rush decisions... - He took a short look at Ivan's gun. -Have rush consequences. And besides. Even if I'm a high ranking target, there are people who can replace me. As for the Zoners... They might be not ready themselves. So, again. Patience. And be ready to stay in one pile with Custodians, Brits and Fanatics." His smirk widened, as he finished the sentance and leaned even further into the wall. "Consider it as your test."
Standing in his office at Nichols Trade Center, Paul Mendes gazes at Planet Gran Canaria while he organizes his thoughts and notes regarding the summit.
Noticing the unusual high traffic around Planet Gran Canaria made him conclude that the guests were arriving.

Really hope this summit doesn't goes sideways. He said talking to himself, an habit Paul Mendes had since young age, talking to himself.

Shortly after a knock on the door

Yes?
The door opens and Paul Mendes secretary enters
Your shuttle is ready Sir.
Thank you Martha, I'll be leaving right away. Inform Von Cloud i'll meet him at Docs State, please.
Of course, anything else Sir.?
No thank you

Paul Mendes leaves to the docking bay, it was going to be a short trip.
Less than 5 minutes later, Paul Mendes shuttle entered Canaria atmosphere and headed to Tombstone Estate.

I'm hungry, should have brought a snack, I wonder what Doc will have as food.

Arriving at Docs place, he initiates landing procedures.

At the outer reaches of Omega-49 was an unusual sight for nobody to see. A Geb-class Battlecruiser, bearing the name of the Grand Admiral Golanski, was preparing the launch of a single vessel. In this vessel was Amanne Blacknight, Inquisitor of the Order's Wedjat Section 4.
She set a course for the Omega-47 anomaly, wishing to appear like she arrived there from the deeper Omicrons. Additionally the vessel she used beared Zoner identifications, a simple Zoner Eagle within Omega-49 wouldn't raise any questions.

After a relatively calm and short flight, she arrived at Gran Canaria, flying to a nearby public port. There she rented a hoverbike and drove her way to the estate of Doc Holliday. Arriving there with several people already around the entrance. Sighing she got off the bike, looking around. Nobody here should recognize her, dressed up as a civilian, having two identification cards with her.. and the invitation.

She gave the people a closer look, an AI, two people of the Coalition. She didn't trust AIs all too much and figured it would be best to avoid it for the moment, with slow steps she was approaching the men, wondering how they were to react to a silent approach.

Hey friend Doc Holiday:
Here I am and from what I see, his Daughter Emiko took care of the preparation of the reception. You're a pretty girl, if you'll say so. It reminds me of my beautiful wife in the old days of our marriage. Today deceased.
Thank you for sending us the digital invitation with which I had free access to this restricted meeting.
I am ready to listen and position myself with due consideration.

Dr. Jack Frakes

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17