Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery Christmas, 2019! Christmas event suggestions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone!

I was thinking of doing a community-based 'Secret Santa' during Christmas week where people buy codes, cloaks, anything really, for one another. If you give an item, you can get an item.

We could do a christmas truce, a non-serious shipping event where the traders need to ship the presents from a dedicated North-Pole station to house capitals and stop the evil pirates/terrorists from Stopping Christmas, or something of the kind.

I'm happy to use my OFL right to make it happen (if it gets processed in time). Please give suggestions for a Christmas event you'd like to see.
We used to have these back in '09 and earlier and they were a blast. I'd be for something like this coming back.
Why would anyone want to stop Christmas. That's just straight up rude.
Does raw money sum counts as "item"? Sounds fun, I want to participate, but I`m not exactly codename person.
(12-02-2018, 06:49 PM)Wulfen Wrote: [ -> ]Does raw money sum counts as "item"? Sounds fun, I want to participate, but I`m not exactly codename person.

Could be anything so long as it's not, like, a low-value commodity.

For the event idea I was planning on doing a buffed-route thing for traders with special event cargo - except that the presents would be Christmas Presents, Polarium, or something genuinely christmas themed that'd either be obtained from a Freelancer station or mined from a POB mineable using the relevant plugin.
Even better -- the disparity between the Georgian and the Julian calendar allows for two Christmas events!
Love this idea
[Image: 618.gif]

Sounds like a fun way to mingle around the forums a bit!
I enjoyed the Christmas package delivery and the coal to Gallia routes. I remember the one year did a huge convoy with train's renamed after the 9 reindeer.

Good memories in sure

Edit:

A coal mining event could be entertaining something from the omicron's maybe? Give the squids a Christmas present?