Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello Hello
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there all,

Just wanted to say hi to you all. I've just recently started discovery MP, having played an absurd amount of FL over the years... Looking forward to seeing you all in space.

-Bannorn
Welcome! Make sure you read the rules at least once and otherwise try to enjoy Discovery! Careful with joining factions, though, as prejudice is a big thing here. Smile
(12-03-2018, 01:14 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome! Make sure you read the rules at least once and otherwise try to enjoy Discovery! Careful with joining factions, though, as prejudice is a big thing here. Smile

Good to know. Anything specific I should know about?
Probably a crapton of things that I couldn't list here comfortably. Basically, you should try and fly around as Freelancer first, explore Discovery a bit, see who is active and what they are doing. Read some infocards, enjoy the systems and watch some fights. Spare yourself the trouble of PvP for now - Discovery is different than vanilla Freelancer and chances are you will quickly died to anyone. You can train fighting in Connecticut, which can be reached by docking with any station or planet and typing /conn while your cargo hold is empty. Then you undock and are in Connecticut. Type /return to return to normal space.

It's an RP server, try to imagine any conversation in the game being spoken and received as audio. So no emoticons or anything in chat. Imagine you are talking out loud when writing things. And as I said, player factions are like real life politics. Join one party and the others will be likely to hate you. You should be sure about what you are doing before joining one. You can however join NPC factions by using "indie" IDs, which are the basic IDs you can buy at the NPC stations. Try them out on individual characters and look what suits you the most. Each ID has specific rules to make you act like a part of that NPC faction.