Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Battlegroup Harmony - Looking for suggestions/feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since the last one worked so well(apart from the fact that it was eventually not granted) I'd like to get some suggestions regarding the faction.

Mostly in regards to if you like how it is portrayed/run right now.

Wishes of people for where it should go in the future(can be from members too).

Suggestions to what to do better.

Fresh ideas are welcome.

I'll try to reply to all constructive posts and provide insights as to why I did things. And maybe we can change some stuff for the better.
Telegraph your intentions. We actually want to do anti-nomad RP with you, but can't. InRp Harmony has been.... flip-floppy. If you want to fight the Unioners, there should be some degree of coherent logging like RM and other factions who shoot at us do. Instead it's been mostly interactions with mercs (which don't boost your activity or provide you with direct RP creation). Harmony started the war to get a cruiser, but then didn't want the cruiser when the cruiser was offered.

Both the war goal and the war itself is creatively undefined, yet harmony persists with it despite the statement that Harmony HC is "bored" with it.

The people currently driving the RP of the Bering war are your lower-ranked members who drive character interactions. They're doing a great job. They don't appear to have much of a support-base.

Do stuff in the system where your NPC assets are. Your Omicron Minor RP is a pleasure to read. Bering is... Well, things died after the summer. If you look at BAF V Gallia, there's loads of RP which backs up the PVP, and drives people to log in and pew.
At the point the cruiser was offered I remember there being a reason why we denied it. I believe it was some additional requirements that we didn't want to accept.

Peace is not quite possible with the actions that followed the war situation. I just personally don't see a lot of avenues to do stuff with in Bering right now. Which is the main reason we're trying to do stuff outside of it.

If there's more specific suggestions then I'm here to get them and do something with them.
Request to rework Bering (together with other factions such as UN) because it's incredibly one-dimensional, boring and ugly. Remove weapons from POBs except Marshall to encourage the already-extinct raids.
The weapon platforms were put away, and then everytime a ship undocked, 5 LN indies would come in and destroy us. Whats the point in logging on if you get 5 feet from your base to die and log back off. Youre issue with the weapon platforms was addressed long ago.
(12-04-2018, 05:25 PM)DarkTails Wrote: [ -> ]The weapon platforms were put away, and then everytime a ship undocked, 5 LN indies would come in and destroy us. Whats the point in logging on if you get 5 feet from your base to die and log back off. Youre issue with the weapon platforms was addressed long ago.

The problem is that any rogue CD in the area sets all the platforms off. A place being hard to get to should always be done by system design not POBs.

(12-04-2018, 04:45 PM)Antonio Wrote: [ -> ]Request to rework Bering (together with other factions such as UN) because it's incredibly one-dimensional, boring and ugly. Remove weapons from POBs except Marshall to encourage the already-extinct raids.

I had a rework in the pipe but lost it due to hard-drive issues and bad data discipline. I'll happily do another one though and would be up for Harmony input (along with the system devs). I'd be honestly up for -completely- reworking the system and removing the sterile blandness of the system entirely a-la Bremen into Thuringia.
Bering raids have died out months ago. Maybe try texas or california, not a lot to do in liberty these days
Bering raids mostly happened when UN and H were working together and collectively could log sufficient numbers to have fair fights with the Liberty Navy. UN v H raids happened for a bit, then died.
I wanted to store the Weapon's Platforms inside the base(a terrible workaround) but then it got a siege declaration on it so I left them there. After I just forgot.

When I heard many people complain about the bases I'd requested them to be moved but that was denied. So the situation is sadly there to stay. Though I can put the platforms into the bases again.

What do you suggest such a rework should contain most importantly?
You could try to SRP the repositioning of the stations. Some towing action or something. Remember the words of Spazzy: The sky is the limit, with limits! And we all know Spazzy had only good ideas.
Pages: 1 2