Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Nomad Adapted Guns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In the past, I encouraged Haste to buff them to the point where they're at least no longer worse than class 8 guns, however they're still interior picks to other Class 9 guns, which is the slot Adapteds occupy. There's just no reason to use them.

These things are in major need of a proper rebalance for a very long time. They've been so bad (and also uninteresting in terms of their refire rates and gun speeds) that many times in the past I was tempted to somehow secure a Wild/Hybrid cell on the Core ID because they're what adapted guns should be.

Either these things need a buff, or hell maybe get downgraded to class 8 and give more unique refires (1.00? 10.00?) or a wider variety of gun speeds (700ms, 650ms) so they're at least put into a gun class where they can be a viable pick.

(12-07-2018, 12:50 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Suggestion a:

Adapted Nomad Cannon
Class: 9 > 8
Refire: 3.03 > 1.00
Hull Damage: 944 > 1,850
Shield Damage: 472 > 925
Speed: 600ms > 650ms
Energy Consumption: 235 > 300

This would definitely add some uniqueness to this gun line, and class 8s overall.

Not sure about the Blaster yet. It'd also be neat to get new weapons in the cell to be honest, like missiles or cap guns.
if they were 3.03s at 650 they would be completely viable

600 m/s is not viable for anything other than heavy plasmas and codenames. By default the refire for those is 2.00.
I personally would just like it if they were a bit more unique in the way they funtion. The AI guns have unique traits in the sense that there is one with 10.00 refire, for example. Doesn't necessarily need to be that. If it were possible, I would love for Nomad weapons to in general ignore shields and just deal a little less damage than the average human weapons to hull, but I guess that is just wishful thinking.
Guns in Freelancer cannot ignore shields.

But I would also like them to be more useful. And if they can be unique in the process that'd be nice.
As fox said, they need to be faster.
Suggestion a:

Adapted Nomad Cannon
Refire: 3.03 > 1.00
Hull Damage: 944 > 1,850
Shield Damage: 472 > 925
Speed: 600ms > 650ms
Energy Consumption: 235 > 300

This would definitely add some uniqueness to this gun line, and class 8s overall.

Not sure about the Blaster yet. It'd also be neat to get new weapons in the cell to be honest, like missiles or cap guns.
Let's not make Class 8 Archangels, please.

But I agree that they need some treatment to be useful, atm they are just kinda there
(12-07-2018, 01:25 PM)Lucas Wrote: [ -> ]Let's not make Class 8 Archangels, please.

But I agree that they need some treatment to be useful, atm they are just kinda there

They're not Archies. My suggestion tries to follow the formula that defines the damage and energy difference between Magmas and Excals, albeit these are a bit more efficient because these are alien guns - but I suppose they could also be made less efficient, with a focus on burst damage. Making class 8 1.00s adds something unique to the game and to the cell. The factions that can access that cell already have access to a class 8 variant of just about every other refire anyway.
Has the balance team seen this at all? Or know at least that these guns have been under powered for a very long time and need a review?
Suggestion Shooter:

Refire: 3.03 > 16.67
Hull Damage: 944 > 122
Shield Damage: 472 > 99
Speed: 600ms > 725ms
Energy Consumption: 235 > 41
Pages: 1 2