Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Replacement Vote] Horizontal Vanilla/Ageira Trade Lanes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
If we are going for the superior alignment, why not go for the superior technology just as well?

[Image: Trade_Lane_Gallia.jpg]
Stop trying to shoehorn your inferior gallic copycat technology onto the rest of the galaxy, we don't want it.

If anything, we should go with the most superior and original tech: two-way nomad lanes:

[Image: Trade_Lane_Nomads.jpg]
I prefer horizontal. Make them right-hand drive to differentiate them further from Gallic lanes. Nevermind about Bretonia, Ageira is a Libertonian company.

On a side note, I started on a lane improvement project myself a while back. I have a higher resolution lane ring model sitting around. I never finished getting it implemented, though, because I've never had any luck with hitboxing. The model's yours if you want to finish it. It doesn't stray far from the vanilla design at all. The textures were lifted from the Swag Pack.

Link to p3d.in
i always liked gallic horizontal lanes, very convenient. big yes to this change
Horizontal, but I actually would like to see Bretonia and maybe Kusari as Left-hand traffic, and yes Ageira is a Libertonian company but I am sure that they would do whatever the client asks/pays for
Also why is Gallia left-hand? It should be right
(12-06-2018, 04:25 PM)Oxford Institute Wrote: [ -> ]but I am sure that they would do whatever the client asks/pays for

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Ageira has (or had) a monopoly, and that gives them a LOT of power to dictate terms to their customers. I imagine it went something like this:

BretGov: The lanes are nice, but can we make them left-handed to match the driving direction on our planets?
Ageira: No, they're fine as they are.
BretGov: But, we're paying you billions of credits for this, surely you can take our wishes into account.
Ageira: That's not how it works. If you're unhappy with it, we can always take our business elsewhere.
BretGov: ...
Ageira: That's what we thought. Your right-handed lanes will be up and running shortly.
Horizontal makes more sense. I hope you could give them a better color (that fits liberty a little better, maybe?) as well Big Grin
Seems like a petty thing to change, I've gotten used to the vanilla layout anyway, I would honestly prefer it just being left like that.
(12-06-2018, 04:30 PM)Capt. Henry Morgan Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-06-2018, 04:25 PM)Oxford Institute Wrote: [ -> ]but I am sure that they would do whatever the client asks/pays for

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Ageira has (or had) a monopoly, and that gives them a LOT of power to dictate terms to their customers. I imagine it went something like this:

BretGov: The lanes are nice, but can we make them left-handed to match the driving direction on our planets?
Ageira: No, they're fine as they are.
BretGov: But, we're paying you billions of credits for this, surely you can take our wishes into account.
Ageira: That's not how it works. If you're unhappy with it, we can always take our business elsewhere.
BretGov: ...
Ageira: That's what we thought. Your right-handed lanes will be up and running shortly.

since Ageira doesn't has the trade lane monopoly anymore this horizontal change can be explained by Ageira trying to meet with costumers requests, and still make a quick easy buck while maintaining client loyalty, it's just a simple towing and flip some lanes

Bret/Kus-Gov: oh I see you are doing maintenance to the trade lanes, what about change them to left-handed lanes like we originally asked for? I heard Rhein is getting some cool new lanes...
Ageira: sure sure just keep that maintenance and new lanes contract alive for some more years and we flip/tow change them now

altough Bretonia would never choose Gallia trade lane with the current situation

but to be honest, the way that is a less pain to devs is the best way
I prefer vertical because horizontal is a trademark of Gallia. It is pretty cool to have them different.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6