Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Replacement Vote] Horizontal Vanilla/Ageira Trade Lanes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(12-07-2018, 12:54 AM)DSE|-CEO Wrote: [ -> ]=DSE- is already RP-ing a switch to horizontal in Poole where it has set up base to build the TL's from Caernavfon to Plymouth. Tried to get a Licence from EFL but they haven't even replied, but fortunately =DSE- has already reversed engineered the EFL horizontal trade lanes and using genuine Ageira technology can deliver. All it requires is to fit-out Scrap Palace to manufature the Horizontal trade lanes.

Our Liberty Mastadon's get stuck a lot on the vertical TL's but have not once done so on the Horizontal. Plus the same entry (left) each time cuts down on productivity wastage. Big ships line up way better as the entrances are far bigger. I don't think many Battleships will find them a curse like the vertical ones.

Cheers!

Dude, that has nothing to do with role play. It's game mechanics.
And if the devs will change that it will have been always horizontal.
Digital Anvil should have done this from the start.

And you are really ruining DSE with your mindless efforts. Do you
really think you can change all the lore for your faction? That's not
acceptable role play.
I haven't found any difference in the difficulty of docking between horizontal and vertical trade lanes. I think it is just placebo.
There actually is a mechanical bit to it, which is that you've got a greater field of view to your left and right than you do vertically, which makes pretty much everything about the docking process with a horizontal lane easier. If you know your ship well, yeah, vertical lanes aren't a problem, but its a lot more intuitive to do it horizontally unless there's some weirdo playing FL on a vertical monitor.
Vertical
Making the lanes horizontal will not change any RP, so don't worry about that. Besides, the mod has made crazier changes than this. Another benefit is that the change requires zero effort to explain inRP.
I've never had any issue getting around in vertical tradelanes in any ship. This game is howmanyyearsold, if after all this time you can't manage basic navigation in a perfectly functioning system then it's clearly not the game at fault.

Gallic tradelanes being horizontal is a cool thing that makes them different. Absolutely no need to change the way vanilla tradelanes work.

This is exactly the same thing as "Let's go to Discord!" - a stupid downgrade to a stupid system just because it's the new shiny thing.
(12-07-2018, 08:25 PM)Mephistoles Wrote: [ -> ]I've never had any issue getting around in vertical tradelanes in any ship. This game is howmanyyearsold, if after all this time you can't manage basic navigation in a perfectly functioning system then it's clearly not the game at fault.

Gallic tradelanes being horizontal is a cool thing that makes them different. Absolutely no need to change the way vanilla tradelanes work.

This is exactly the same thing as "Let's go to Discord!" - a stupid downgrade to a stupid system just because it's the new shiny thing.

+1
Also some ships are harder to dock on Gallic, horizontal lanes, than on vertical ones, just saying. Could be my imagination but eh, don't think so.
Leave it as is. Vertical. A rework of the lanes might produce something as lame as the new BWT ship model.
(12-07-2018, 08:25 PM)Mephistoles Wrote: [ -> ]I've never had any issue getting around in vertical tradelanes in any ship. This game is howmanyyearsold, if after all this time you can't manage basic navigation in a perfectly functioning system then it's clearly not the game at fault.

Cannot agree more.

(12-07-2018, 08:26 PM)NieRdackel Wrote: [ -> ]Also some ships are harder to dock on Gallic, horizontal lanes, than on vertical ones, just saying. Could be my imagination but eh, don't think so.

Not only imagination. Some ships don't like the Gallic Lanes. I blame Ageira EFL Oil & Machinery
Big yes to horizontal. Absolutely.

(12-06-2018, 02:38 PM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]Leave vertical only in Bretonia. The British drive on the left after all.

(12-06-2018, 04:25 PM)Oxford Institute Wrote: [ -> ]Horizontal, but I actually would like to see Bretonia and maybe Kusari as Left-hand traffic, and yes Ageira is a Libertonian company but I am sure that they would do whatever the client asks/pays for
Also why is Gallia left-hand? It should be right

Horizontal throughout Sirius, right-hand traffic everywhere but Bretonia (even Kusari got with the program eventually).

Make Gallia's lanes vertical, if they want to be different.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6