Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Replacement Vote] Horizontal Vanilla/Ageira Trade Lanes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I'd prefer horizontal as well, but vertical is fine, as it feels more "vanilla".

I don't know if it's to be discussed here, but the hard time some poeple (including me) have with docking large ships with trade lanes doesn't come from the fact that they're vertical or not, it's because they are too close together (ie when you exit a lane, the next one is approx 2k away so it doesn't leave enough room to maneuver to get
properly aligned).
I feel like it's much easier to dock with lanes in Omega 3 because they are notably further away from each other than the majority of other systems. It's personnal taste, but I think this system look more realistic as well.

So yes, I'd prefer if we could put more distance between the lanes instead of just rotate them 90 degrees, but I guess it's much more work.
just remember that Bretonia travels forwards on the left side. This is going to cause so much confusion to the Gallic invaders. Perfect defense mechanism.
Horizontal. I find the Gallic lanes much easier to dock with, without getting stuck.

+1 to updating the model to be less stucky as well.
(12-07-2018, 08:42 PM)oZoneRanger Wrote: [ -> ]Leave it as is. Vertical. A rework of the lanes might produce something as lame as the new BWT ship model.

This is exactly why I’d like it changed to horizontal. The new BWT is a nightmare to fly. Maybe the change would make it better, and I’d have my favorite transport back.
(12-08-2018, 12:59 PM)Kiny0 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd prefer horizontal as well, but vertical is fine, as it feels more "vanilla".

I don't know if it's to be discussed here, but the hard time some poeple (including me) have with docking large ships with trade lanes doesn't come from the fact that they're vertical or not, it's because they are too close together (ie when you exit a lane, the next one is approx 2k away so it doesn't leave enough room to maneuver to get
properly aligned).
I feel like it's much easier to dock with lanes in Omega 3 because they are notably further away from each other than the majority of other systems. It's personnal taste, but I think this system look more realistic as well.

So yes, I'd prefer if we could put more distance between the lanes instead of just rotate them 90 degrees, but I guess it's much more work.

The horizontal TL's have wider openings it seems. This is probably why they are better for the game on the whole. The verticle ones have four protruding electrodes and the Gallic ones do not. These probes keep the opening narrow and don't allow ships the ability to align well.

I do note that the TL's around Leeds are a bit further away from each other, and I would suspect the original game only ever had small ships - the biggest being the Drom freighter.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6