Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rebalance Transport Turrets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I know I made a thread about this over 5 years ago, but the stats of everything have completely changed since then, and my original post is no longer relevant and wouldn't balance properly with the up-to-date weapons.

I would like to suggest a complete rebalancing of the Civilian and House Transport Turrets to bring them up to par. Rather than listing the 9 different types every time I mention them, I will refer to all of these as the original "Type 3's".

Before I even begin, I would like to address all of the criticisms against this:

So, now that we've established that Type 3 Transport turrets need a buff, here is my suggestion. While we're at it, we might as well change the house transport turrets to be different. I know I've suggested this before, but that was many years ago, and the stats I suggested back then would not fit into the current game; so I'm bringing it up-to-date.

Now, again, before you think it's OP because they're 10% better, go back and compare them to fighter turrets, or even to the other transport turret types.

Next, we have the Heavy Transport Turrets. These need a bit of work, and I have a feeling they were rushed. There are currently two turrets, and a flak, to choose from, and one of the turrets is better than the other in every way; so there is basically only one to choose from.

I would also like to suggest the addition of more types of Heavy Transport Turrets. Due to the limited amount of slots for these, and the vast similarity between the performance of the Lyre Point Defense Turret and Gunboat Turrets, I believe that it should be acceptable for a similar aresnal to be available to transports. Here are my suggestions, along with, when applicable, comparable Gunboat Turrets:

Someone may ask, "Why would anyone use a gunboat, if transports can mount similar weapons?" The answer is that a transport capable of mounting heavy transport turrets will have only 1-4 slots for them, will be much larger, much slower, and with a much weaker shield, than a gunboat, while having slightly less hull. They won't be OP; they'll just be at least somewhat viable.

4.86 Bombers could already wreck 4.86 transports. Since then, bombers and fighters have received huge buffs, while transports have received small buffs, as well as some nerfs. It's gotten to the point that there's no point in sacrificing a huge amount of cargo for increased armament, as this will still not provide adequate protection.