Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Game won't start suddenly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Reinstalled the game and the mod a few days ago, everything running smoothly.
Last night i exited the game and now it will not start. After launching it goes to the loading screen, then crashes to desktop.
Well, can you think of any changes you did to your machine from the time it was working fine, to the time it didn't anymore?

Past and after that, have you tried to uninstall/reinstall the game and mod fresh?

I know these are pedestrian questions, but if certain doctors back in the day never asked "What the hell is this fungus?!" we wouldn't have penicillin today, amirite?
(12-09-2018, 06:35 AM)Marburg Wrote: [ -> ]Well, can you think of any changes you did to your machine from the time it was working fine, to the time it didn't anymore?

Past and after that, have you tried to uninstall/reinstall the game and mod fresh?

I know these are pedestrian questions, but if certain doctors back in the day never asked "What the hell is this fungus?!" we wouldn't have penicillin today, amirite?

No changes have been made and the install is fresh, i was playing for a couple of days, this morning it just would not start.
I guess i will just do reinstall and hope for the best.
Fair 'nuff

I'm no expert, but in the wee hours of the server, I seem to be the best you got.

A clean un/reinstall couldn't hurt, but if, after that it's still buggered fubar, I can next to promise you that someone in another timezone will be more than willing to troubleshoot further than I can.

Best of luck. I'm rootin' for ya.
Thanks, reinstalling worked for me.
Just to note, while reinstalling helps usually, in case of you did not know, going into My Documents -> My Games -> Freelancer and deleting SingleplayerActts folder will do wonders for those "crash on load" stuff.