Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Q4 2018 Discovery Freelancer Hardware Survey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's time to figure out what archaic potatoes fine computing hardware and OSes the majority of the community uses. This is basically a way of seeing what exactly we need to keep in mind going forward as a baseline for graphical and computational capabilities.

Click here to make all your dreams come true

This is a serious survey. Please refrain from submitting bogus answers or submitting answers with someone else's name attached. Namaste.
Might be worth putting a 'Don't know' for the FPS question.
I am interested in seeing the results Smile
(12-09-2018, 12:26 PM)St.Denis Wrote: [ -> ]Might be worth putting a 'Don't know' for the FPS question.

Added. Will retroactively replace blanks with "Don't know".
Better put dont know about how old hardware too. I for example for year or two play not from my own PC and have no ideas how old that ones which i use. (Honestly, i also dont know how old my own PC, i just changed components time to time on it)
P.S. Its of course possible to google CPU issued year, but meeeeh.
I will be honest Windows XP SP3 + some personal fiddling for better protection (along common sense) on a really really weak desktop, with certain parts so old you cannot even change GPU without changing everything else (GPU not recognized by Windows 7).

I wanted to get better PC nowadays, but I got actually worried how high prices for components went yet I am not up to invest into rig that is already obsolete by modern stardards. Especially if you can't even afford such a waste of money.

I have a laptop with Windows 7, but vanillia Freelancer runs with around 15-20 fps due to lack of dedicated card.
Step by step for Windows:
  1. Windows-R (opens a Run Window)
  2. msinfo32

I'll elaborate on my response a bit.

I have modern hardware that runs well. However I get consistent hitches ingame at random intervals, independently of player count, surroundings, numbers of particles in the air, whatever.
Did you install the game on a harddrive or an SSD?
(12-09-2018, 02:22 PM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]Did you install the game on a harddrive or an SSD?

SSD.
Pages: 1 2