Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: For those of you insisting that zoners should evacuate o49
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Click me for numbers

Long story short the total population of the Freeports barely reach some 10,000 total. Lets stop pretending that a planetary evacuation is possible let alone feasible with the current Freeport population.
The Freeports might not be a good destination, but they can be good for a layover to other destinations. From there, they can go where they choose. Most people will likely choose to stay in place on Gran Canaria and try to endure the invasion, though.
Layover to what other destinations. Why would a zoner want to leave a zoner controled planet for a station controled by someone else somewhere else. Again we are talking about half a million individuals. There are literally no other facilities under zoner control that can accommodate such a large population on a short notice. The community is being lazy and choosing to fourmlance this event from a distance. And the easiest way to claim that they're helping without actually logging in is to claim they are helping "evacuate" the population to some imaginary place that can hold and more importantly sustain such a large population

If the community won't accept 50k zoner marines appearing out of thin air. We can't have 500k people magically find a new place to live either
I bring back my joke that zoner refugees will be hard pressed to search for asylum... in Bretonia.
Noone of us said, that there is the need to evacuate about 500k+ people. Where do you got that from? I know about Freeport populations therefore they aren't named to be an option.
Regarding the events, we are only going to evacuate these Zoners, who believe that this place won't stay under Zoner control or may become a warzone. After all the essential part of being a Zoner is to live without a house-like governmental authority.
What makes you believe this is going to be forumlancing though? I already suggested to implement a Refugee commodity to Gran Canaria that can be transported. However OSI has other plans and don't support this suggestion.
Again. I gave two sticking points

1. Where are these people going to go

2. How do you plan to sustain any to all of these refugees.

Regardless of what commodities are added to the game you still have to figure out a solution to the problem of where these people are going to go besides "away from war"

All your going to end up doing is transporting these people from one war to another

Quote:Consensus decided to focus entirely into the evacutation of the civilian population of the system.

And that reads to me that you plan on moving the majority of the planets population. To where is anyone's guess
(12-10-2018, 09:41 PM)Alessa Samson Wrote: [ -> ]However OSI has other plans and don't support this suggestion.

Alright... looks like someone knows more than me about osi plans... And I'm 1ic of osi
(12-10-2018, 10:06 PM)pulha Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-10-2018, 09:41 PM)Alessa Samson Wrote: [ -> ]However OSI has other plans and don't support this suggestion.

Alright... looks like someone knows more than me about osi plans... And I'm 1ic of osi

As it was posted in the Disco Discord..

Quote:HassLHoFFToday at 6:57 PM
Wouldn't it be a good idea if OSI would request a Refugee commodity for Gran Canaria? If you not already having the idea by yourselves.(edited)

SombsToday at 6:58 PM
We're sort of against evacuating Canaria since the planet is big enough to stay there

This is all I heard.
(12-10-2018, 10:12 PM)Alessa Samson Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-10-2018, 10:06 PM)pulha Wrote: [ -> ]

As it was posted in the Disco Discord..

Quote:HassLHoFFToday at 6:57 PM
Wouldn't it be a good idea if OSI would request a Refugee commodity for Gran Canaria? If you not already having the idea by yourselves.(edited)

SombsToday at 6:58 PM
We're sort of against evacuating Canaria since the planet is big enough to stay there

This is all I heard.

And were does it says we got another plans for it?
And I read sort of against it because yeah the reasons nemo is stating...
Coalition is always ready to provide settlement to Zoners refugies from Gran Canaria.
Pages: 1 2