Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Corvo's Hardpoints
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Corvo is currently a civilian vessel, somewhere between a light cruiser (powercore) and a heavy gunboat (hardpoints).
Would it be an absolute gamebreaker if the Corvo got cruiser hardpoints back? Four primaries and one heavy?
My understanding is that the corvo was changed from a 'cruiser' to a 'gunboat' (using these terms loosely because of it's hybrid status) because many IDs do not allow cruisers, but could have need of a research vessel.

If the corvo were to get cruiser turrets once more, it would be considered a cruiser by gameplay mechanics and thus be unusable by many ID's/factions around sirius who are only able to use gunboat and smaller sized ships.
(12-11-2018, 02:55 PM)Tenacity Wrote: [ -> ]My understanding is that the corvo was changed from a 'cruiser' to a 'gunboat' (using these terms loosely because of it's hybrid status) because many IDs do not allow cruisers, but could have need of a research vessel.

If the corvo were to get cruiser turrets once more, it would be considered a cruiser by gameplay mechanics and thus be unusable by many ID's/factions around sirius who are only able to use gunboat and smaller sized ships.

True enough, but it wouldn't be an insurmountable problem to simply add the Corvo to the ID's affected.
For example, according to current ID description, freelancers have the 3600 cargo hold limit for transports, but they're allowed to pilot the Pirate Train. Seems odd, so it could be an oversight or obsolete info - I'm not entirely sure.

I don't believe that it is beyond the realm of possibility for a crew of freelancers / researchers / explorers to operate the lightest (and weakest) cruiser in the game. It would not be a heavy hitter with 4 primaries and one heavy hardpoint. It couldn't even compete with a Zoner Fearless.
I'm fairly sure that the houses that allow the Corvo currently will class it as a capital vessel then.
Corvo is good as it is and might be pretty dangerous. It might get, say, one cruiser turret or more heavy GB turrets, but it won't change much IMHO
It's a gunboat with a cruiser shields that can use battleship cloaks. It should stay that way as it already is a damn awesome ship. Just more defensive than offensive.
As long as you keep it without CD, and a small number of gun slots, sure I guess it's guns could use an update.

Giving it more hardpoints or a cd would cause it's role to shift into something more aggressive, which would not sit well with a ship that is available for all.
(12-11-2018, 03:34 PM)WPeregrine Wrote: [ -> ]As long as you keep it without CD, and a small number of gun slots, sure I guess it's guns could use an update.

Giving it more hardpoints or a cd would cause it's role to shift into something more aggressive, which would not sit well with a ship that is available for all.

I don't think it needs a cd, considering the Corvo's customer group.
5 hardpoints are plenty - 1 heavy, 4 primaries.
If this configuration is too "op", the hardpoints could all be primaries.
(12-11-2018, 03:20 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]It's a gunboat with a cruiser shields that can use battleship cloaks. It should stay that way as it already is a damn awesome ship. Just more defensive than offensive.

If the Corvo were "awesome", they'd be all over the server faster than you could say "emengagibub!"

Cloaks (a problematic bit of equipment outside of Nomad, Order and Core usage, imho) have their own drawbacks on a vessel that size, especially if the player wants to invest more in armor and RP items. Not everyone is enamored with cloaks.

I am only proposing a slight positive upgrade, which would not push the Corvo into the realm of PVP grandmastery.
(12-11-2018, 03:18 PM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]I'm fairly sure that the houses that allow the Corvo currently will class it as a capital vessel then.

That's would be for the Houses to decide how much of an offensive threat the Corvo would pose. Maybe the Houses should reconsider the Bustard's status in House Space.
Pages: 1 2