Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To the Search/Destroy Agency
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
INCOMING TRANSMISSION
FROM: Constable Lachlan McArthur, Bretonia Police Authority
TO: The Search/Destroy Agency

I need your help with the job described in your name. Not... not the destroying part, the searching part. I need someone found, specifically, my sister Carrie. Full name, Carolyn Susan McArthur. My parents have given up, and the LPI and BPA have admitted the case has gone cold. I saw your commercials on the neural-net, and I thought you might be able to help.

She was last seen on planet Denver, in the Colorado system, flying a basic Train, about... five months ago. I've enclosed a picture of her, to help with your search. Please. Find her, and bring her home to Leeds. I'll pay whatever reward I can.

Yours,

Lachlan James McArthur

END TRANSMISSION... ATTACHMENT RECEIVED. OPENING...

The photo was of a young man, presumably Lachlan, and a very familiar-looking red-haired woman.

In fact...

If one imagined the girl's wavy red hair pulled back into a short ponytail... a hard, steely look in those eyes, the kind every Bounty Hunter got eventually from one too many battles... if one removed the plumpness from her cheeks, gave her a gaunt look, such as you might find on someone who had recently suffered a severe bout of food poisoning... replaced the casual clothes with a flight suit...

...then one would have a very good likeness of a certain Search/Destroy Agent.

Carolyn Susan McArthur... went missing on Denver...

The puzzle was not hard to put together.
Never heard of her.

The Director, Search/Destroy Agency.
INCOMING TRANSMISSION
TO: The Director, Search/Destroy Agency

Well, I was sort of... hoping... that you could put some agents on the case, or... let everyone in the Agency know to look out for her, or... something.

Please. We're desperate to have her home.

END TRANSMISSION
INCOMING TRANSMISSION
Subject missing women

I have a good idea of who you are talking about. If that doesn't turn out to be her ill go look for her. Work has been quite slow lately...

transmission ends.........
Agent, you must be mistaken. Or perhaps you are confusing her with someone else. We have never heard of her. Never. Got that?

The Director, Search/Destroy Agency.
Opening Transmission
Comm ID: ********93
Name:
Esther Carson
Target: Constable Lachlan McArthur

Hon, if the S/D doesn't wanna help you, maybe I can... forward the picture to me and I might be able to track her down.

End Transmission
INCOMING TRANSMISSION
TO: Dame Esther Carson

That would be wonderful. Please find her for us, we'll pay what we can.

END TRANSMISSION... ATTACHMENT RECEIVED. OPENING...

The same photo as was sent to the Agency, cropped to include only Carrie's picture.