Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Splitting Corsair and Outcast ID
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First I want to say:
I hate it to see people that using Malteian Warships for piracy in Liberty. That is not even allowed by Maltesian law, but it happens. Besides, it is likely that Corsairs and Maltesians will get Battlecruisers and/or Ligth Carriers in the next year. Yes, both would deserve it - they are strong and big enougth. But I than we will see the first BC in piracy and I do not want that. This are warships and you do not use warships for that. Se here is my idea - you split the IDs of Corsairs and Outcast into a civilian/pirate/smuggler and a navy/naval forces ID. I think this would also increase the game and role play of these two nations.

Example of a new Outcast ID
Example of a Maltesian Navy ID
Example of a new Corsair ID
Example of an Imperial Corsair Naval Forces ID
The absolute last thing this mod needs right is more NPC factions/IDs (I have to critise why a Separatist indie ID was added when Liberty already has so many factions it's struggling to sustain). We just don't have the player base.

The one concession could be giving multiple IFFs to those NPC factions. However it's a bit pointless because the Admins won't let official factions use different combinations of ID/IFF.
I'm kind of on the opposite end of the argument to the OP. I think more freedom should be allowed to IDs and players should resolve issues that arise from that themselves.
I do not really want a new ncp faction. Just change the Guard IDs of Corsairs and Outcast to a military one. I just want to stop the missusing of warships for none war activity. Gallic Royal Players are not allowed to pirate Bretonian Law aswell.
(12-12-2018, 01:21 PM)misterich Wrote: [ -> ]I do not really want a new ncp faction. Just change the Guard IDs of Corsairs and Outcast to a military one. I just want to stop the missusing of warships for none war activity. Gallic Royal Players are not allowed to pirate Bretonian Law aswell.

Guard IDs? They haven't been a thing for years.
*The Guard Faction - sorry for that