Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: De-activate docking Ring?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Would it be possible to allow Docking Rings and mooring platforms to be deactivated using laserfire, in the same way that tradelanes are?
This would allow local forces to have better control of docking, and resolve a couple of other issues. (Eg. Passenger transports speed-docking on Crete etc).

Any thoughts?
What about being able to deactivate them via command if you have the appropriate ID?
Not sure about deactivating via ID, but if they can be deactivated same way as Lanes, that would be GREAT.
Just I hope that deactivating them will not make all the NPC's shoot back at you like crazy....
Problem with that would be the fact that new players and newbies tend to shoot up everything just for the 'lulz'...

Though, I guess that'd be solved with the new starting system next mod version.

EDIT: Ah, make them more resistant to weak-ish weapons, and let them regenerate a tad faster? That'd help against newbies abusing it...
' Wrote:Would it be possible to allow Docking Rings and mooring platforms to be deactivated using laserfire, in the same way that tradelanes are?
This would allow local forces to have better control of docking, and resolve a couple of other issues. (Eg. Passenger transports speed-docking on Crete etc).

Any thoughts?

yeah right,,,, i can see where this is going....

great idea Benitez,,, i can agree to some part of it...but.. only if its the lawenforsment in that system have the right to close dockingrings.. i will agree.. but not if u just can blast a laser at it.. that would really only benefit outlaws and other riff raff...

like i said.. great idea..but we trader are sitting ducks anyway,, i can not agree unless its only lawenforcement....

no offense,,, but u guys makes millions of credits on us everyday..where is it gonna stop?
even tho its RP ..wich is really fun in itself.. this nnot gonna benefit the rp game.. only thing its gonna do is scare away new player..and frankly....i,m getting sick and tired of beeing ,,robbed everyday from u lot...
i know several good friends who have left this server cos of this... so this idea.. REALLY need to be thought thru properly before beeing implemented in new mod...

just my 2 cents..

PS..btw u guys need us trader...so be nice to us once in a while and maybe we will be nice to u too. in our trading way...;)
If this could be performed properly, either by correct ID and tag ( IMO preferable ), or by basic shooting ( if it does not anger NPCs ), this would eliminate a game mechanic RP setback that has disabled a lot of lawful RP.

Also a lot of the unlawful one, seeing that not only lawful people have planets/stations.

Anyways, would help, and would be good.

Although, sooner or later, the problem of abuse will be mentioned, of random players constantly blocking docking at their leasure, so we'd need to figure a way to minimize that.

Despite that, it'd still be a worthy achievement.
Starchild,we all have traders,but our rp is to pirate traders like you,and you make more milions as pirates make from you.so what?

And i think too,that this can be great, but what can happend to someone jumping from other side in the same moment as docking ring is disrupted?
I can't see that docking rings should be disruptable. NO pirate should be hanging around ANY planet or base (except their own) for pirating reasons. Even if there are no players stopping you, it's pretty out of order imho.
' Wrote:Starchild,we all have traders,but our rp is to pirate traders like you,and you make more milions as pirates make from you.so what?

And i think too,that this can be great, but what can happend to someone jumping from other side in the same moment as docking ring is disrupted?

i think ur missing my point here...

if this will be implemented as in rp gaming.and if not only the law have the right to close the dockingrings...
what will stop u from just sitting at a planet/ station and wait for us? and when we arrive.. u just have to shoot /close the dockingring...i cant really see the bennefit in it for all but the pirates and other unlawfull fractions...

remember,,, i see this in a traders view.. just as u do as a corsair trying to beg for money or rob/kill us...
and offcurse i make millions.. thats my job.. try change to traders urself..instead of robbing innocent hard earning traders..

there is two ways of solving this:

1:forget this idea

2:go for it.. but only the police in have the rigth to close the rings...

there is no other options..everything else will tip the scale over to the unlawfull side..and u allready have the upper hands on us guys..
i had suggested this a while back, with the added effect on bases and jumpgates....pretty much anything dockable except perhaps jumpholes. and i still love the idea.

it'd give the lawfuls and unlawfuls some interesting elements to play with
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5