Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: No Junker Fighters/Freighters in Puerto Rico
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I wanted to make a new Junker character, to replenish my many lost ones, and I hadn't yet made any snubs or freighters for them. I was surprised to see that I could not purchase the:

Bull Dog
Gitano
Collector
Recycler
Combat Service Freighter
Combat Service Vehicle

From any of the Junker Bases in Puerto Rico.

Surely, at least the Recycler SHF and the CSF should be available there? And, perhaps, all of the ships? After all, shouldn't the Junkers be able to make their ships anywhere, considering how they make them?

It was pretty annoying to have to fly all the way through PR, Bering, Texas, California, Pennsylvania, and back, just to mine, because I didn't want to use one of my many salvagers this time around.

Also, I've got a question: Do fighters mine faster than freighters? I know that fighters and freighters both mine faster than transports, but I don't know if fighters are able to receive more of a bonus than freighters. They should; after all, they don't have any cargo space to haul it themselves, and mine&drop is less effective with them.

I also think it's odd that we don't start with our bases mapped.
Afaik, junkers fighters have lesser mining speed not due bonuses, but due less suitable hardpoints. Freighter just has proper 4 turrets. Also, before removing PS minefield from Texas, fighter mining ops were bad idea anyway, due of Pequena Negra.
Also it seems now you can buy Junker ID on Allentown(or another base i guess too) right after start in Penny, without any additional moves. So for CSF, Gitano and Collector just make new char, fly on allentown and take it.
Also there in really only 2 Junkers base in PR, not "many", and one already fitted to sell Junkers heavy line. Tho they could set CSF on Vasques at least, dont know why it dont sell ships.