Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Destroyer Turrets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Kusari Destroyer Turret and Outcast Destroyer Turret need buffs. I get it, they're intended to be an energy-cheap alternative, but they are just way too weak.

The Kusari Destroyer Turret deals 3300 DPS. That is slightly less than a Gunboat Solaris; and not the heavy kind, all while still being significantly slower than gunboat turrets. For comparison, most cruiser turrets deal around 5000 DPS. Yes, the Kusari turrets have 1150 m/s speed, compared to other Cruiser turrets having 1000 speed, but the bonus speed is not enough to make up for the severe lack of damage, and falls just short of the amount of bonus that would make them noticeably better against smaller targets. What's really bad, is that despite their low energy cost, their damage is so low that their energy efficiency (damage dealt per energy spent) is STILL lower than that of other cruiser turrets. That's just awful.

I'm not going to suggest that you upgrade their damage until they're comparable to other turrets. They were made to be a unique alternative, and I'd like to keep them that way.

What I suggest instead is increasing their damage per shot from 1650 up to 1950, placing their DPS at 3900, just above the Cruiser Solaris Turret's dps of 3617. This will put their energy efficiency at 0.350, compared to their previous .300, still barely higher than the efficiency of the IMG Cruiser Turret's efficiency of .341 with 4500 DPS, however this will be compensated by raising the projectile speed of the Kusari Destroyer Turret from 1150 m/s up to 1200 m/s. It will still be much slower than the Cruiser Solaris Turret, while having roughly the same DPS, however it will retain its functionality as an energy-cheap destroyer turret. Oddly enough, despite these drastic buffs, it will still have less DPS and projectile speed than some GB turrets. That just lets you know how severely underpowered it was before. Comparatively, the other Kusari Cruiser Turret has 5200 dps with .314 efficiency.

Additionally, I would like to also suggest continuing to restore it further towards its previous design. Its range should again be reduced, from 1700 down to 1500. Its energy cost should be increased from 11,000/s up to 11800/s, a slight increase. To account for these two nerfs, its fire rate should be returned to 3.03, with its damage adjusted accordingly to preserve its dps value.

My new suggested stats for the Kusari Destroyer Turret are:

3,939 DPS / 1300 DMG / 3.03 Refire
0.33 Efficiency / 11,817 E/s / 3,900 E Per Shot
1,500m Range / 1,200 m/s Speed

This will still leave them weaker and slower than most GB guns, but I've got a feeling that suggesting they be buffed to the point of actual usefulness would be shot down due to being too "radical" of a change.

The Outcast Destroyer Turret should be similarly buffed. I suggest raising its DPS from 3600 up to 4140.
_____
On a side note, I think the Cruiser Gatling Solaris Turret could stand to have a slight range increase, to keep with the tradition of heavy slot solaris having slightly more range than normal solaris, while having less range than basics. Compare to gb solaris range, gb gats , gb basics .
Similarly, I believe Cruiser Gatling solaris should have its range upped from 1170 to 1240. I didn't suggest as drastic of a change, so they wouldn't become OP; just a little something to follow the tradition. This would leave Cruiser Solaris , Gatling Solaris , Cruiser Basics .
The Destroyer turrets used to have a higher speed and refire rate (3.03) with less range and around equal dmg before. They were considered too strong and got nerfed. So yeah right now they are a useless choice.
ye, before the nerf there was no reason to use regular kusari cruiser turrets over destroyer turrets.
now they aren't used at all, perhaps a buff to efficiency
I've noticed a tendency when it comes to "balance" changes, which take something that was commonly used due to being like 2% better overall, and change it so it's 20% worse, making it quite useless compared to anything at all. It's like they think they have to punish people who used it, by making it so that no one can use it again.
The history of destroyer turrets is mind-boggling.

In 2016, the oc destroyer turrets were 3.03, worked okay-ish (less range, less damage, same speed as oc cruiser turrets). Their purpose was to drain the powercore less while having a slightly higher refire rate and reduced damage and range (200 range less to be exact).

Then in 2017, they got buffed heavily (for unkown reasons, ask ) to 1100dmg per shot and 4.0 refire rate (making them 4400dps effectively), with +100 travel speed, making them IDEAL vs gunboats and even fighters to an extent.

Then this year, 2018, they got gimped down to 2.0 refire rate, abysmal damage and just plain obsolete, because BASIC TURRETS have higher EFFICIENCY ratio AND per-shot-damage.

Logic...? But thats not my department, so I cant fix it.