Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Notice: Faction Canonization Requests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(12-21-2018, 05:50 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2018, 02:29 PM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]Developers attention too in fleshing out some story progression.

I think you've participated enough in the development process in the past six months to realize that this is flat out untrue, unless you're talking about Gallia which is a prominent story arc which requires resolution. The factions I'm pretty sure you're talking about haven't had any major developments since Harmony was given an NPC base as far as I'm aware.

Well, unless you count the CR getting a carrier deep sixed.

As a more general statement no, we're not looking to canonize factions which are going to outstrip vanilla ones overnight. But we are going to give them chances to progress, and yes, occasionally that leads to the eventuality of people actually growing beyond the scope of the Xenos or Bundschuh.

I'll never be able to understand nor support the argument of "but it takes away from vanilla," when the fact of the matter is that people are going to roleplay what they're going to roleplay. If a group is dead, it's because someone hasn't come along with interest in bringing that group to life. Creating a glass ceiling for people who are interested in their own vision, IF it adds something unique to the mod and doesn't negatively impact the existing lore, is not going to encourage them to simply pour their blood and sweat into a different faction, nor is it going to encourage them to stick around Discovery at all.

The bottom line is that people are going to keep making non vanilla factions, and it is a key attractor to the mod. The only thing which has now changed is that we have introduced a standardized process instead of the previous status quo which was basically the staff running around going "oh my god they want an IFF what do we do!?" while tearing our own hair out.

This is what brought me to Discovery in the first place and if it attracted me I'm sure I'm not the only one.
I'd like to say that this is awesome, btw.
A question unrelated to my previous points that I forgot to ask: factions that go through this process and succeed, will they get indie IDs for their NPC faction?
Yes
(12-21-2018, 10:09 AM)Xalrok Wrote: [ -> ]In addition, a non-official ID will be created for your faction, and independent players will be able to use that to play as your faction.
Pages: 1 2 3