Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: PC freezes when I leave the game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For about a week now, I've been able to log into the game, but if I alt tab or when I close the game my PC freezes and I can't do anything else until I reboot it. Any idea what might be causing this? All other games are working fine. It seems to be a problem with freelancer only.
I'm having issues too.. Every time i launch freelancer, from the launcher, it kills any video playing in the background (browser only)

I never used to have this issue and have not changed/updated anything inbetween

Both the launcher and the game seem to be using a lot more memory than before
I didn't want to bump this soo soon, but does no one know what might be causing this? I was trying to organize a raid for this weekend, but this will make it significantly harder.
I have no idea if it will help, but FL tends to run everything on 1 core; I remember seeing in a guide that the fix was to force it to run some things on a seperate core. Can't say I've had the problem since. Otherwise, there were some crashing issues with one of the recent patches. Reinstall the update patches, maybe that'll fix it?
Do you have windowed mode enabled?
No, I have it in fullscreen.

I tried reinstalling the game and mod. It worked for a couple of days, but today I went to play and had the same problem, so I assume it's not an installation problem. Any ideas?
CPU?
RAM?
Windows-Version? (excact via "winver")
Virus-Scanner?
Any other special thinks to know about your System (like a VM or runs on a Mac via Bootcam)?
just an idea, you can try to reinstall your drivers (graphic card)
Ok, i have some data now, but i can be helpful for everyone, so i post the answer (and some additional Questions) here:

Did you turn-off your AV-program before installing Freelancer and the mod?
(Some AV-Programs can sort-off files in that case.)

To find your exact Windows-Version press the Windows-Button & "R". There will popup an new window (names something like run…) where you type-in "winver" (without quotemarks). The next window shows your exact Windows-Version (Windows 10, Version 1803 or 1809, the build is unnessesary).
If your Windows-Version in noch 1803 or 1809 (for Windows 10) you should make Windows-Updates ASAP.

What other games do you play on that computer?

And the GPU-Driver-update shoulds like an idea...
I have some other games (SWTOR, Brutal Legend, Bioshock Infinite and a few others), but they are all working fine.

I'll try some of the suggestions said here and see if it works.
Pages: 1 2