Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Possible Cheating Detected
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't really know if this is the right place to post this, but I notice that there are a bunch of sanction threads going up - at least one of which reckons they didn't do anything wrong. Out of a combination of concern for my character, and to pass the information on if it is relevant: During the period I noticed these threads going up, I had an incident in Sigma-19, while docking at Luxliner Hawaii - I landed, sold cargo, bought cargo, undocked and was promptly disconnected for 'possible cheating detected'. Having done nothing I am aware of that would cause this, I logged back in and this time had no problems. Haven't had the problem since.

Don't know whats going down? Should I be expecting issues?
I've been kicked for "Possible cheating detected" many times. Once, I was even kicked about 6 times in a row for it.

It seems to happen occasionally upon selling items to bases. My guess is that the reason for the credit gain (selling cargo) isn't properly logged, while the increase in credits is detected, and the system suspects that the credits were simply modified.
(12-22-2018, 04:16 PM)TLI-Inferno Wrote: [ -> ]I've been kicked for "Possible cheating detected" many times. Once, I was even kicked about 6 times in a row for it.

It seems to happen occasionally upon selling items to bases. My guess is that the reason for the credit gain (selling cargo) isn't properly logged, while the increase in credits is detected, and the system suspects that the credits were simply modified.

I did wonder if it might have been the speed of the the thing - I was grinding trade, so doing the route as quick as pos. The entire time on base was probably < 30 seconds.
When I go through the Logs, which is generally once a week, I check things out and see what has occurred. There are many instances of people being 'flagged' as 'Cheating'. These can be caused by many things, such as bad connection at the time of doing something, but the ones I have Posted are not singular occurrences and they are being 'flagged' up for certain things[.

If I was to curtail someone's access every time that notice occurs, you would probably find that there is nobody left on the Server.

So, please don't worry about it and if you haven't modified any Files, you are unlikely to end up on a Sanction Notice
Very good to know, thanks for the swift response!