Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The New Sydney Affair - Bretonian Colonist Faction.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello there.

Would anybody be interested in the creation of a Bretonian Colonist Faction of Omega settlers sympathetic to the Bretonian crown? The idea would be based around the culture of Oceanian nation states, from the destroyed pre-sol colonyship Oceania, that joined the Bretonia, and are now attempting to capture themselves a new home on New Sydney.

They'd be culturally Cantonese, Indonesian, Polynesian, Australian, and New Zealander. Probably a combat-heavy faction.

Name is up in the air. Getting a logo made. If anybody's interested I'll make a discord for it.
Given the sheer size of Bretonian settlements, the faction will be redundant. Bretonia can RP this direction quite well by already existing factions. Also, the presence of Cantonese in it would be very and very strange. No less strange will be the combat orientation of just poor colonists who escaped the horrors of war by settling on Gran Canaria.
Quote:Australian
[Image: IbuXzQi.png]
I still don't understand why they can't just settle with Sprauge.
(12-25-2018, 02:15 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]I still don't understand why they can't just settle with Sprauge.

Mod needs action on more fronts.
(12-25-2018, 02:06 PM)Gardarik Wrote: [ -> ]Given the sheer size of Bretonian settlements, the faction will be redundant. Bretonia can RP this direction quite well by already existing factions. Also, the presence of Cantonese in it would be very and very strange. No less strange will be the combat orientation of just poor colonists who escaped the horrors of war by settling on Gran Canaria.

Hong Kong was not returned to the Chinese in the Freelancer timeline.
Then the indonesians? Where do they get involved in this matter?

Edit : not to mention that se Asia nameplaces have been taken by the Tau Img already.
(12-25-2018, 03:42 PM)WPeregrine Wrote: [ -> ]Then the indonesians? Where do they get involved in this matter?

Could leave them out, I suppose.
(12-25-2018, 02:15 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]I still don't understand why they can't just settle with Sprauge.

Because Bretonia is a bunch of wimps. They can't win a war. They lost to Kusari, have been getting it handed to them by the Corsairs and will lose to Gallia so rather than defend what they have, let's push the Zoner around some more. The team wants to force the Zoners to pick sides, let Doc lead that charge. The last time someone in RL forced me to pick a side, I picked against them and they hated it.
I'm thinking you might need to go a step beyond just making a sandwich, Holiday.
Pages: 1 2