Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, I've been told to create an introduction thread! So here I am.

Firstly, I just want to say that I'm majorly impressed with this community, everyone I've met, asked advice for has been extremely helpful. The staff should be very proud of what they've created. This is just the second day I've been here, but I'm already making a lot of friends that I hope will stick around with me!

Anyhow, my name's Max! Uhh, I do software development on the side ( contract work), as I'm studying full-time. So my time on here might be quite limited , but so far I'm hooked. It's going to be a pleasure to spend my few hours in this game, progressing slowly towards my goal! I also play like, piano and watch anime.

Currently known as Teafu in game, however I'm switching over to OSC-(and then whatever ship name I can come up with);

Thanks!!
Welcome to Discovery. We've already talked ingame I believe (IDF|Vire).
I hope you enjoy your time in this community.
Now, I'll help you out with some useful links. First of all, the Tutorial has some very useful threads in it. Most things you need to know are explained somehwere in there. Also, something you will have to read and understand are the Server Rules. Those rules make sure everyone can enjoy a fair game. Now, this will be mostly important for your roleplay encounters: The House Roleplay laws. The 5 houses have many laws, if you break them, you will get into trouble with the police and military. Last but not least, the help and support section. Questions usually go here. It will also help if you have any problems with your accounts or characters.
I know this is a lot of stuff right now. Take some time to get into the game, it will become easier soon.
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask me in here or via Discord (MasterL410#4157).
Regards, L.
Welcome aboard. Read the rules and just be kool. Cya in the server
Thank you! I think I've read through most of the rules, server, in houses and sectors? So I think I've got the hang of it. However I see people all the time breaking em', ( probably not aware that they exist? ).

But, there are a few things I learned.. Luxury liners are an easy target for pirates.. And sadly, I can't go anywhere I want with my Crayter Carrier (Zephyr MK2), which I would love to use that ship for an expedition! But then again, that's pretty OORP... I don't know if there's a workaround, because IT IS a beauty!
Welcome, Teafu!

I am Couden - The Coalition comrade. Feel free to ask what you interesting about the game.
Hello and welcome. If you have any questions regarding anything don’t hesitate to send me a private message.

(01-01-2019, 12:13 PM)Teafu Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you! I think I've read through most of the rules, server, in houses and sectors? So I think I've got the hang of it. However I see people all the time breaking em', ( probably not aware that they exist? ).

But, there are a few things I learned.. Luxury liners are an easy target for pirates.. And sadly, I can't go anywhere I want with my Crayter Carrier (Zephyr MK2), which I would love to use that ship for an expedition! But then again, that's pretty OORP... I don't know if there's a workaround, because IT IS a beauty!

Unfortunately the full list of rules is only visible on the forums. It takes time for newbies to register their first account as well as fully comprehend the rules after reading. They’re long and not easy to understand, so it’s not surprising you saw people break them. Consider messaging the person in question ooRP rather than writing a report, we all broke some rules at some point.

In my first months quite a long time ago I multiboxed and re-engaged people, then one kind person explained why that was wrong and I decided to fully read and understand the rules. Haven’t been in trouble since.

All transports are going to be at a disadvantage against pirates, some more some less. Although not always applicable a good rule of thumb is to comply to their demand. If you’re looking for expedition/exploration/research RP ship while still being able to defend yourself and even assist others in combat, there’s no better ship than the Ahoudori. It’s a generic ship almost all IDs can use including Freelancer ID, it literally has “explorer” in its name, and it’s newbie-friendly to fly (compared to other gunboats).
Quote:All transports are going to be at a disadvantage against pirates, some more some less. Although not always applicable a good rule of thumb is to comply to their demand. If you’re looking for expedition/exploration/research RP ship while still being able to defend yourself and even assist others in combat, there’s no better ship than the Ahoudori. It’s a generic ship almost all IDs can use including Freelancer ID, it literally has “explorer” in its name, and it’s newbie-friendly to fly (compared to other gunboats).

Thanks for the advice! It's just that the design of the Zephyr is just so lucrative (which is why I bought it in the first place). I'll abe sure to check out the Ahoudori in the Ship Portal to see if it's something for my taste!

Happy new year!!