Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery Launcher - Bug Reports & Feature Requests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This thread is maintained for the GitHub Version. If you are not using that version then the bug report will be ignored.

So as of late, as you'd expect, I've been bombarded with feature requests and bug reports for the Launcher. So many I've begun to lose track of what's been reported, what I've taken care of, and what actually needs to be done. So, this thread can be used to help keep everything organised and actually tell me what needs to be done and what's been done already.
Initially, I didn't plan on making such a thread, but I've forgotten half the things people have told me.

With that said and out of the way:

I'm stealing the dev bug report template because it's simple.
Code:
[color=#FFFFFF][b]====================[/b][/color]
[b][color=#FFFF00]Type:[/color][/b] Bug / Feature (remove one)
[b][color=#FFFF00]Overview:[/color][/b] Quick summary.
[b][color=#FFFF00]Are you using [url=https://github.com/LazDisco/DSLauncher]this version[/url]?:[/color][/b] Y/N.
[color=#FFFFFF][b]====================[/b][/color]

What is the bug / feature?
No template = no response. This is not a discussion thread.

You can view the Launcher patch notes in this thread. This thread is not for discussions, only bug reports. Only put things here if they are reproducible bugs. Errors specific to your install should get their own threads here. Please take note of error codes within this thread (updated) before posting.
====================
Type: Bug
Overview: Selecting a favourite/recently used not of the category selected will claim account corruption.
====================

Fixed in development build ~Laz
====================
Type: Feature
Overview: Remember which category was used last time
====================

I use one same category 99% of time, but whenever I close and re-open the launcher, the category selection resets and all accounts are visible again. Would it be possible for the launcher to remember which category was used before it was closed so I don't have to select the same category every time I open it?

====================
Overview: Fav filter not working
====================

When Trying to filter by favourite I Get an error message "Object must be a type of string" I believe it is connected to adding somebody else's favourited accounts as they by show up saying "False" rather than "yes" or "No" I also sent you a screen of the error message can also provide screens of the 'False" in the fav column if you so wish.

Edit~~ After restarting said accounts had reverted to sensible values and the issue has fixed itself. Potenially get the launcher to restart whenever new accounts are added?

====================
Overview: Acc switching is messed up
====================

Whenever I launch the game for the first time with a selected account it all goes fine, but when I quit a game to switch to an another account, the launcher goes completely bonkers. It shuffles all the accounts I have instead of selecting the one I want to switch to, so I have to restart the launcher to fix the issue.

====================
Type: Bug/Feature
Overview: Add a hyperlink to the image in the news section.
====================

I feel like in the past the news page linked to the relivant forum post but I could be mistaken. Anyway if it did, then it no longer does and if it didn't then it should pls add Smile thanks

====================
Type: Bug / Feature
Overview: Non-desktop resolution not saving
====================

No idea if it's a feature or a bug (fairly sure the latter as I could swear it worked before), but anyways. I often use windowed mode + different resolution for the sake of easier multitasking, but lately the values do not remain saved and I have to re-write them each time I use it.

[Image: WbbRemN.png]

Err, I spent about an hour looking at the problem trying to reproduce it. No dice. I guess it's fixed? ~Laz
====================
Overview: Must kill Discovery Launcher and then open it in order to use it in a Fast Startup boot on Windows 10 Pro
====================

In a Fast Startup boot on Windows 10 Pro, the Discovery Launcher must be opened, killed on Task Manager, and then opened again so it becomes usable. On the first launch, the program's process gets stuck somewhere with 13~16 MB of allocated memory, consistently. This doesn't happen on the second and further launches of the program.

In a Fresh boot, the Launcher works on its first try. Many programs on Windows 10 have similar problems because of this Fast Startup feature - for example, reFX Nexus refuses to load files after a few Fast Startup cycles and only starts to work again on a fresh boot. I don't know if this also happens with Windows 8's Fast Startup.

How to replicate from an existing Windows 10 Pro installation with Discovery installed:
1. Boot from a Fast Startup.
2. Try to open the Discovery Launcher. The icon may or may not appear on the tray for a split second, and the process will be stuck on the Task Manager.

Current workarounds:
-Restart the computer either by cutting its power, or Restarting through the start menu, or with "shutdown /s /f /t 0".
OR
-Kill the process then open the Launcher again.
OR
-Disable Fast Startup. This can be very annoying for people like me who have slow PCs without a SSD.

I spent a while looking into Fast Boot / Fast Startup; even tested it on my own machine a little. It's riddled with issues, and DSLauncher isn't the only one that has a problem with it. I couldn't say for certain what causes it, but I don't think it's my code directly responsible. Most likely a framework issue. It's out of my hands from what I can tell. ~Laz
====================
Type: Feature Request
Overview: Allow to back out of game launch
====================

Hello, I've thought about this for while now but would it be possible for the "Freelancer found running" prompt include a "cancel" option?
Often enough when I launch, I'll immediately realise that oh yes, the game was actually still running in the background. But you only have the option to kill the previous instance or not, not cancel the launch.

Would be appreciated, thanks.

Added in development build. Moved from separate thread with permission. ~Laz

Username removed

====================
Overview: Trying to launch the game, I am getting Error Code: F02

I checked running processes and nothing seems out of the ordinary. I restarted the PC and that didn't solve it.

Additional information: An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 12, position 34.
Quick summary.
====================

Error code: F02

EDIT: A clean install of the mod AND the game solved the problem. I have no clue what caused this error as I haven't modified any files.
Pages: 1 2