Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Operational and personnel update - Janvier 742
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: PnPOy9K.png]

Text message to all personnel, from Amiral Isabelle Montlaville de Chanteloup

Topic : status of current operations and personnel-related announcements

Pilots, commanders and crew members,

First of all, I wish you all a joyeux Noël and a happy new year. I know many of you didn't get a chance to see your families and friends during the festivities, and future rotations are still a long time coming. Following an unexpected gift I had, I have demanded that each frontline post be supplied with the finest pastries from the best Gallic bakeries for the past two weeks. I know it isn't much, but there's not much more I can do at this point, besides going down on London myself to slap the Queen across the face and end this. At any rate, this war will end this year. That is a promise I know I will uphold. And I will be by your side until the very end, which will be our triomphe.

In addition to our ongoing conflict on the London line, there has been a predictable development. The Bretonians, panicked and on the verge of national collapse, have seen fit to annex Omega 49. This is indeed bad news for us. As a result, I've upgraded Task Force Tamaran to a high priority operation. More details below.

Beyond that, a new group of Conseillards is giving us moderate amounts of trouble : the self-styled La République. I don't know their connection to Laflamme's gang, but it's hardly of any concern to us. They are Conseillards, and as such are not to be entertained.

Finally, it appears our efforts surrounding the White Shipping Company irregulars bore fruit. They have tucked tail and run, possibly to hide underneath Carina's skirt. Job well done.

That's all for now. Usual details below.

Promotions and rewards

The following men and women of the Marine Royale Gauloise have demonstrated exemplary conduct, tireless commitment and skill in the art of war. They are to be commended and honoured.

- Lieutenant de vaisseau Pierre Vaillant has been elevated to the rank of Capitaine de Corvette. You have accomplished much in service to Gallia, in a short timespan. Your flight time is nothing short of impressive, as is your diligence to document your patrols. Your work with the Harmony has also been remarkable, and this promotion is largely deserved.

- Lieutenant de vaisseau Louis Clément has been elevated to the rank of Capitaine de Corvette. Not content to sit on his laurels, commandant Clément has fought hard and often over the past weeks. His high level of readiness has been decisive in several critical encounters that seemed lost until his arrival.

- Enseigne de vaisseau Emilie-Sophie de Belmond has been elevated to the rank of Lieutenant de vaisseau. Loyal and indefatigable, capitaine de Belmond has been a very frequent sight both in high-level briefings and at the tip of the spear in space. Her work in regards to Omega 49 has also been noticed. She's accomplished much while being a new addition to the ranks.

- Maître Félix Dorian has been elevated to the rank of Maître principal. A new arrival, maître principal Dorian has already demonstrated significant commitment to the cause and eagerness to help to the best of his abilities. Shows promising amounts of valeur.

Current operations and assignments

- Opération Farfadet is ongoing. You find a modular base in Dublin, you report it.

- Task Force Diamant : White Shipping Company has been all but eliminated. Task Force Diamant is a resounding success, and has been officially terminated. Its resources are pending redistribution.

- Task Force Tamaran : The Bretonians have made their move and Canaria is now under their occupation. Unsurprisingly, the Zoners have not taken kindly to this, and the Corsairs are fighting for their hearth. We must deploy whatever means we can to assist them and deny much-needed breathing room to the Bretonians. Tamaran's leadership has been transferred from EV Hannart to LV Belmond. CC Vaillant may act as support if necessary.

- Task Force Blum : a GRI special agent has successfully infiltrated the ranks of Rheinlandic agitators. Enseigne de Vaisseau Sauvageot has been appointed as his liaison officer. He will see to the agent's every need and ensure the success of his mission. Ongoing, no remarkable development as of now.

- The Grand Tournament : the Core embassy on Paris has finally opened, thanks to the wheels of administration having turned. Mighty celebrations will be held in honor of our guests, both to cement our ties to the Core and to provide festivities to our population. Orders from beyond. Commandant Guillory will use his connections to the Core to submit the idea of a tournament to their hierarchy. Still ongoing.

- La Granda Reception : the Custodi have expressed their wish to visit Gallia and attend a grandiose ceremony to celebrate our friendship. Celebrations of this kind are more than needed in the current days. Deliberations are in progress to ascertain the best possible time for this.

Any question regarding these assignments should be addressed to either AM de Chanteloup or CF L'Herminier, depending on how confident you are in the relevance of your question.

Honneur, Patrie, Valeur, Discipline.