Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: proposal to return cruiser razors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Back in the day I always loved using cruiser razors, they look and feel better than the light mortar and were great against gunboats. It is my understanding that they were removed primarily because they were considered too good against snubs (not that light mortars aren't the same deal now, just less efficient). It seems like a poor choice, to me, to have removed razors from just one class of ship while leaving in gunboat and battleship razors (which are arguably far more abusable against snubs than the cruiser razors were).

So, I'd like to propose a way of reinstating them, and possibly adding in battlecruiser razors as well:

- make them faster than light mortars, but not by too much. 1200-1300 m/s possibly
- more efficient and faster refire than mortars, say .5 or .67 refire
- limited range - something like 900m for cruisers and 1000m for battlecruisers
- 25-35k hull damage for cruiser razors, and 35-45k for battlecruiser razors

Lastly, to prevent abuse against snubs, use the same flhook magic that was applied to the supernova antimatter cannon, reducing damage significantly against smaller targets.

These would be a niche weapon specifically designed to counter gunboats. The range still gives gunboats a small "safe" zone where they cant be hit, but makes it much more important for them to manage range properly.

This goes hand in hand with the mini mortar suggestion here:
https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...tid=167374

To hopefully create play and counter play between gunboats and other caps
It can work if the hull damage plugin is fixed, but since they have trouble fixing it for months now it's not that easy. We've seen how many crazy bugs it can produce with the SNAC, up to even crashing the server. If it gets fully fixed then this could actually work.
(01-16-2019, 07:08 PM)Antonio Wrote: [ -> ]It can work if the hull damage plugin is fixed, but since they have trouble fixing it for months now it's not that easy. We've seen how many crazy bugs it can produce with the SNAC, up to even crashing the server. If it gets fully fixed then this could actually work.

I wasnt aware there were issues with it, suppose that could be a problem.