Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Do you enjoy Gallia?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
the music is too boring!!
(01-17-2019, 11:32 PM)Markam Wrote: [ -> ]Will enjoy Gallia more once they lose plot armour

Come join us in Picardy against GRN.
I voted no referring to the house of Galia itself. I enjoy though their factions and the Gallic movement. And yeah, I'd enjoy the systems as well if there was activity there. I think its pretty cool and deserves players to log there
(01-18-2019, 12:15 AM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-17-2019, 11:32 PM)Markam Wrote: [ -> ]Will enjoy Gallia more once they lose plot armour

Can I join as a BAF? No?

A war when only one side attacks, what joy that is.
(01-18-2019, 12:23 AM)Markam Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-18-2019, 12:15 AM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]

Can I join as a BAF? No?

A war when only one side attacks, what joy that is.

No, you can join as Council, Maquis or Gallic Brigand.

And that's how conflicts work. There is an aggressor and a defender. Do you want to be the attacker this time? Come join Front Picard.
Gallia is a really neat addition, I'd say. It adds a whole new culture, a new way to think, to act, to speak to the mod, and the opportunity to represent the CORE GALLIC VALUES, the greatest tenets known to man. Also, their ships look neat, and while I agree that the "eternal war of conquest because betrayal" seems a bit silly to us, it fits very well with what the medieval, monarchist French would have done - as would have a lot of other medieval polities, I'd say. The rulers tend to take this kind of thing personally.

(also it means Sirius finally has the opportunity to get some good booze)
Whisky.
(01-17-2019, 11:45 PM)Tenacity Wrote: [ -> ]*blablabla safe and poorly explained unhelpful bits*

Further, being based on the French was a bad move in my opinion. There are a lot of negative connotations about the french, and aside from being angry little napoleons they really aren't known for being a leader in warfare. Their language and behavior are quite foreign, at least to me, which always made integrating into that rp very difficult (honestly the same goes for most rheinland factions and kusari).

I did mistake you for someone with at least basic education, Tenacity. What a preposterous notion ! Time and again, ever since you graced us with your return, it's been nothing but petty insults such as these, aggravated by your "hurr durr I'm only joking" attitude. It turns out your stance towards the French is indeed very serious, fueled by contempt and stereotypes. Stereotypes spread by very, very dumb and illiterate people in this day and age.

That you dare come out so openly about your lack of education and utter absence of any historical knowledge ! I shudder at your courage. Angry little napoleons, he says ! Really aren't known for being leaders in warfare ? By whom, may I ask ?! The six rednecks populating your charming trailer park ? Oh, but you did answer that for me. AT LEAST TO ME. THANKS ! You came out honest. If you had your ways, Disco would be allll about Space Murica, and everyone would be conversing in the safe, 200-word rich vocabulary you seem desperate to stick to.

I am utterly infuriated to see such dross still existing on the internet. You really, really sound like someone who's never even left his village or read a book that wasn't Jane's or the bible. I know that your kind does survive somehow, in this age of easy access to information and affordable education (in actual decent civilised countries, that is, but then again their languages and behaviours ARE quite foreign), but each reminder of it plunges me into a mixed state, between utter despondency and complete fury.

I would try and educate you about the true depth of your ignorance - and deep it is ! - if I wasn't convinced of the entire pointlessness of it all. You're too far in. We strange and foreign French have one proverb : you can't force an donkey to drink if it's not thirsty. I used donkey in lieu of the other name of that animal, although it would have fit significantly more for obvious reasons.

Back on an actually interesting topic : Gallia is great, praise it.
I understand the distate for it. Its introduction was poorly handled, it came crashing down and shook a great many major and minor factions. Gallia or the Nomads, something like that was bound to happen for the sake of Disco's health. I'm pleased that the role of the big baddy was left to a human faction, more relatable and easier to interact with.

I believe we've come a long way and Gallia is now an approachable and at least tolerable House, that brought many benefits and enjoyable moments for the community. To those who are sad because their factions got their backsides handed to them inRP, I say this : evolution ! Defeat is an interesting vector of RP and breaks the statu quo. And before you say anything, I have no illusion as to the final fate of the Gallic war. And if you think defeat would make me stop caring or strive less to keep MRG active, fun and engaging for all, you're mistaken.

TL ; DR
Tenacity should read a book.
I get triggered easily by misinformed attacks on my country's honour.
Gallia wuz bad at first but now iz gud.
Honneur, patrie, valeur, discipline.
Damn, Tena really pissed off half of the community by now already
You know Sombs, I hadn't even read your message in the first page.

I feel much better now for many reasons. (sun) (sun) (sun)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9