Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Outcast ID related questions from a newbie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

I play as an OC and there are strange parts of the rules in the related ID descriptions, like
Quote:Can attack any ships within their Zone of Influence, except transports.

1. Does this apply only to PvP or NPC too? I actually popped a bunch of NPC transports and only attacked (not killed) one player owned one when i saw some Outcast pilot in his cargo. Could i kill him as the "Maltese Law" describe or what is the "transports" means here?

2. Embarrassing but i have no clue how to set up weapon groups. Can someone explain?

3. Also the aforementioned "Maltese Law" describe Psi and Phi as restricted zones, despite i visited Phi and nothing interesting happened besides the obvious hazards of the system.

4. The wiki on OC diplomacy lists Nomads as "friendly" but they always want a piece of me (meanwhile the Wild is seems like neutral) and the LH guards also hostile and don't let me dock in their only base. What is the background of this? Is the wiki lagging behind?

5. Is there any restrictions what systems/bases can i visit?

6. Will trading affect the history of the faction, without server events or it doesn't matter how many commodities i bring to the base/planet? and two not exactly OC related questions...

7. Why bauxite called as "aluminium ore" and how can be the ore more profitable than the end product?

8. Finally, where can i report typos i found in the "rumors" or in the news?

Thanks!
1. Only applies against players, you can do whatever you wish with the NPCs

2. Don't feel embarassed, we all were newbs at some point and needed help. It's a bit hard to explain, just go watch this.

3. Phi is the OC guard system, and going there as an outcast is perfectly fine.

4. The wiki is outdated. Nomads tolerate outcasts, not all of them, but usually they do. Outcast worship the nomads as far as I remember, but not all of them. And for example, to enter a guard system and dock on a guard station (e.g. Corsica in Phi), you have to be part of the faction that owns the respective base. Maybe that won't apply to everything but usually it does.

5. No restrictions.

6. Not at all.

7. Uh that is more complicated, it says in any kind of Ore infocard why.

8. I'm not entirely English so I cannot really answer that, don't exactly know what you mean.

Didn't play as an outcast in a long while, so cannot remember stuff exactly. Hope this was helpful.