Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Freelancer and Discovery Installation Guide - Vista
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi there looking for a bit of help, is there a Vista installation guide for Discovery and Freelancer. I tried to get Discovery to work several months ago without any success so going to give it another go and see if I can get it working because it looks an awesome game and a great community to be part of.

Any help much appreciated!
' Wrote:Hi there looking for a bit of help, is there a Vista installation guide for Discovery and Freelancer. I tried to get Discovery to work several months ago without any success so going to give it another go and see if I can get it working because it looks an awesome game and a great community to be part of.

Any help much appreciated!

Here you go.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9310
thanks for your help, Ive managed to get to the server list, and can see the discovery server, however when I attempt to connect to the server, I receive an error message stating "Im sorry, but a connection could not be established to that server. This is usually caused by a server offline when you attempt to connect to it. It may also be caused by internet problems. Please try again later."

I had seen some threads about the Global server going down intermittently, would ths be related to the same issue?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Regards
can someone tell me how to ping the server, ive read someone else talking about this to help check server connectability.

Thanks!
Global server has not existed for some time now, there are plenty of other ways to connect. These are also
explained in our tutorials section. I can ping you from our server, so there is nothing blocking that.
If you want to try pinging us go to 'run'... type: cmd and then type: ping 82.113.48.5 in that window.
The result will be shown.

Hoodlum

' Wrote:Global server has not existed for some time now, there are plenty of other ways to connect. These are also
explained in our tutorials section. I can ping you from our server, so there is nothing blocking that.
If you want to try pinging us go to 'run'... type: cmd and then type: ping 82.113.48.5 in that window.
The result will be shown.

Hoodlum

thanks for the assistance, I have had a look through various tutorials, and its helpful, just a bit information overload though.

i pinged you fine, so thats one possible cause eliminated
Edit your ini file for Freelancer so that this server is part of the shortcut. Then it'll find Disco fine.

Once you download the global server workaround, then everything should come up fine. However - and this is an odd thing - on my Vista machine (this laptop), everything works perfectly fine, including FLAM. On my desktop, which is XP, I have to start Freelancer outside of FLAM, in windowed mode, to see all the servers. Then I can use FLAM to switch accounts as needed. Just an odd thing.
If you can see the server its probably some software interfering, do you use AVG? (It has recently stopped being Freelancer-friendly:()
' Wrote:If you can see the server its probably some software interfering, do you use AVG? (It has recently stopped being Freelancer-friendly:()
I use AVG but i have switched it off, do i need to totally remove from my system?
' Wrote:I use AVG but i have switched it off, do i need to totally remove from my system?

Some virus programmes have to be removed, such as Norton, and some don't, If AVG has only recently become freelancer unfriendly then best remove it altogether to see which category it falls into. It might help to clean the registry as well before you try again.
Pages: 1 2 3