Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: LN Gunship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Guys, Why doesn't Liberty have a gunship? Can they have one and when? Smile
Because Defiant is good enough already =P
LN's gunboat is not all that big, I don't see why they need a smaller Gunship, as it would not differ all that much.

Bretonia on the other hand, their Gunboat is bigger than some Destroyers and they could use a smaller GB class ship.
About the Defiant, could be possible to remove in the cockpit view, the image of the frontal cannon? It covers the central sight (the other GBs are free). Or maybe a hole in the cannon would be enough.
(01-31-2019, 02:24 AM)Markam Wrote: [ -> ]LN's gunboat is not all that big, I don't see why they need a smaller Gunship, as it would not differ all that much.

Bretonia on the other hand, their Gunboat is bigger than some Destroyers and they could use a smaller GB class ship.

Cruiser shield for Churchill? =P
Defiant freaking OP gunboat, accompanied by freaking OP cruiser. If you will give them more, their plot armor will turn in black hole.
If serious i dunno, if LN players feel even they need heavy GB? Defiant just fulfill role of fleet GB very well.
Remove Defiant's forward gun, make a little more faster turning and lower the power core done
(01-31-2019, 02:37 AM)Silverlight Wrote: [ -> ]Remove Defiant's forward gun, make a little more faster turning and lower the power core done
But..its...already small, light 40k/400k power core, fast turning, vertical by shape and shooting in all directions gunboat. For what it carry forward gun, i have no clue, cos its just very unefficient weapon, rarely needed.
(01-31-2019, 02:27 AM)Tenacity Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-31-2019, 02:24 AM)Markam Wrote: [ -> ]LN's gunboat is not all that big, I don't see why they need a smaller Gunship, as it would not differ all that much.

Cruiser shield for Churchill? =P

I'm not saying the Churchill is under-powered or anything, just that it is very large for a gunboat, which limits the role it can perform. Be interesting if it was turned into a new ship type, as long as Bretonia gets a replacement gunboat/ship.

As such, if we are talking about Gunships,
Bretonia has a greater need than Liberty in terms of ship requirements.
Unless the Gaians want to trade Claymores for BBCs.
I'll admit, a smaller bret gunboat designed in the same style/line of thought as the cavalier/templar/challenger would be pretty awesome
Pages: 1 2 3