Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Freelancer ship creation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys,

I jsut finished my Fighter model in Blender and created some textures in Substance painter.
Now i have decided to put this into original Freelancer but only tutorial i found was Drizzt 4.0 Ship tutorial which is older than human civilization and forces me to use Milkshape Big Grin
Somehow i will have to overcome this but is there some better tutorial how EXACTLY export model from Blender, put hardpoints etc etc?

I have ended with "using" Milkshape tool as its very VEEERY user unfriendly and controls are like from 1920s Big Grin

Please any modeler who could just navigate me?

Thank you very much
Would be wonderful if there was a good up to date tutorial out there, AFAIK milkshape, with the specific plugin is the only way though
(02-01-2019, 03:02 PM)Madvillain Wrote: [ -> ]Would be wonderful if there was a good up to date tutorial out there, AFAIK milkshape, with the specific plugin is the only way though
No. Milkshape should burn, model from this its just pain for everybody who will work with it after you. For real. Its break geometry worse than gods of chaos.

Right now we have Librelancer project (prise Ichiru, and maybe wapr will feed him by power to push it further). Its include Lanceredit, which allow convert .dae format in freelancers mesh, and redact UTF data and hardpoints. Would you like to know more?

Its just so good, like gods ambrosia, seriously.

Still you need read guides how freel store models, data, effects, and how it use texture. There is no complete guides about it, so i recommend you just read what already exist, look how made ready variants, and check all by yourselve (cos many of guides were written in dark time of freelancer modding colonisation, and sometimes those who wrote guides had no clues what they do). Tho on different resources you can find fragmented info which will help you to understand it faster with field testings on ready model. There is hint - freelancer load model right in work, so you can make changes and replace model right with working game, with just dock-undocking for uploading changed CMP.

Regarding guides, there was Swallow one in tutor section, its outdated as hell, but its will help you understand structures of freel data.

And there still no normal soft for hitboxing, if not count Treewyrm plugins for 3d max. So regarding hitbox old guides would be useful.
eigos #4005 in discord, add me so I can add you into the secret models chat
Add me on Discord Felsvar#8104
I have added Felsvar and Eigos. Thank you guys for help. Yes i was checking Swallows section but unfortunately none of his videos works Sad
IS there still anyone working with Lancersedit? I am returning to FL modding after 4 years and my knowledge has faded away Sad
Is anyone willing to help me with ship import via Lanceredit?
PLEASE!!! Smile