Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: CLAP CLAP CLAP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
So ... some "genius" decided that bretonia should invade a neutral planet, with a number of soldiers that noboduy managed to explain, and nobody should care, since from the start it was stated that no matter what happen, from rp to actions in game, bretonia would get the planet, probably was the same "genius" that decided not to give an entrace point for the zoners, like samura has on kurile, ou even bretonia had on leeds, or the xenos have on pittsburgh or the bundschuh on nuremberg, or the blood dragons on tomioka!!! amazing ... how can someone be such idio ... i mean ... genius?!! no wait .. f this! those people really are idiots!and idiots is the most kind thing i can remember!! no wonder so many are leaving, even the "best"!! how hard it is to make this fun and fair for all?!! is it worthy to spend time making your game, and then someone who doesn't care make decisions so stupid and don't even care?! people have real life and can't be all the time ... that is my case ... but ... at least i try ... or tried ... to make something! never was punished like some discovery "prodigal sons", so ... why should i continue to play such bias game, controled by idiots! i once left this game because of things ... maybe i should not never returned!!!
I'd really like having good pews with some Zoners, but I haven't seen you shoot Bretonians yet. The only time when Zoners shot at Bretonians were those two events, and the Zoner performance was a bit disappointing. Maybe you could try to organize the resistance? No one seems to be doing it.
(02-07-2019, 12:11 AM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]I'd really like having good pews with some Zoners, but I haven't seen you shoot Bretonians yet. The only time when Zoners shot at Bretonians were those two events, and the Zoner performance was a bit disappointing. Maybe you could try to organize the resistance? No one seems to be doing it.

I has on the first event, not the second because real life. i log many times on the game and no one is there .. like today when i saw the changes!! the zoner performance was a bit disapointing yes because two simpel reasons: 1 - there wasn't organized, before the 1 event, i can only talk about it, no one knew what to do and who to shoot!, and 2 you guys have more expirience fighting together because you do it all the time. about the resistance i made some rp ,and even tried to push some players, but looks like most just wanted to "evacuate"!! maybe because some "zoners" also have other chars that it is usefull a bretonia victory!! also since no matter what zoners do, the ending would be the same, made many of zoners lost interest!!
Also. What point of Bretonia annexing that system do you not agree with exactly? I mean Zoners aren't known for their military. They claim their neutrality and all but they've got no military to keep said neutrality. No offense but as far as i can tell Zoners were always at the mercy of their neighbours who were simply too busy killing eachother, while they knew that worst case scenario is a Freeport they can land at if they really need to. It also makes sense why they didn't want their stations. Maintaining those things isn't cheap. And the people usually have their own stations to maintain plus the people who are out kill them on sight and vica-versa. In any normal situation seizing controll of a Zoner station would be an economic nightmare. Up untill this point Zoners were usually left alone because trading with them was less of a drag and it brought in profit. Now in case of Gran Canaria..well Bretonia is being slowly pushed out of its own territory. Civs have a tendency to flee from the war torn places and Gran Canaria is a good option. Bretonia is going in with its military there to annex the system yes..and? A large portion of their citizens are down on Gran Canaria as far as i know. And there isn't any central government for the zoners to initiate some sort of diplomatic talk with. I mean how big is that planet. I'm pretty sure it's big enough for both the zoners and the bretonians to live happily without being bothered by eachother. Whoever is in charge of the planet there could have somehow arrange a pact where Zoners hand over parts of the planet in exchange for creds and other things? Those places could be considered part of Bretonia and Bretonian laws would apply. The Bretonian forces in space could have been resolved in similar fashion too or something. And it's not like its too late for that. As far as i see the possibilities are there to solve this in a way that makes sense. Also as far as i know zoner players have a tendency to be better at diplomacy rather than war. Wich once again makes more sense
What is your opinion on Planet Pygar?
(02-07-2019, 12:37 AM)Morosz Wrote: [ -> ]Also. What point of Bretonia annexing that system do you not agree with exactly? I mean Zoners aren't known for their military. They claim their neutrality and all but they've got no military to keep said neutrality. No offense but as far as i can tell Zoners were always at the mercy of their neighbours who were simply too busy killing eachother, while they knew that worst case scenario is a Freeport they can land at if they really need to. It also makes sense why they didn't want their stations. Maintaining those things isn't cheap. And the people usually have their own stations to maintain plus the people who are out kill them on sight and vica-versa. In any normal situation seizing controll of a Zoner station would be an economic nightmare. Up untill this point Zoners were usually left alone because trading with them was less of a drag and it brought in profit. Now in case of Gran Canaria..well Bretonia is being slowly pushed out of its own territory. Civs have a tendency to flee from the war torn places and Gran Canaria is a good option. Bretonia is going in with its military there to annex the system yes..and? A large portion of their citizens are down on Gran Canaria as far as i know. And there isn't any central government for the zoners to initiate some sort of diplomatic talk with. I mean how big is that planet. I'm pretty sure it's big enough for both the zoners and the bretonians to live happily without being bothered by eachother. Whoever is in charge of the planet there could have somehow arrange a pact where Zoners hand over parts of the planet in exchange for creds and other things? Those places could be considered part of Bretonia and Bretonian laws would apply. The Bretonian forces in space could have been resolved in similar fashion too or something. And it's not like its too late for that. As far as i see the possibilities are there to solve this in a way that makes sense. Also as far as i know zoner players have a tendency to be better at diplomacy rather than war. Wich once again makes more sense

can you explain how bretonia under siege can get 1,8 million soldiers and how they got in the planet? if you are talking about port jackson was just a settlement, because according the info card, the population of gran canaria is, i mean was, around 300k and the numbers was droping because the climate changes. there isn't a central goverment but many made a "summit" to negociate with bretonia, offering shelter for refuges and bretonia simply said "no, i waant the entire planet"! what you people dont understand is all this time, this game, zoners never gain something, were always the losers no matter what zoners did in game or rp, and now, bretonians are crying !"we lost so much " but they didn't lost new london, and i bet they never will, that it is their capital planet, and now zoners lost their ONLY planet! it isn't one planet it it the ONLY planet!! and if you noice many zoners don't give a FK about it, even the devs are more worried about some old abandond base called freeport 2, that even made a special id and placed a carreir base there, for "retake" a base that was abandon and really nobody care, it was fun for 1 or 2 weeks and nothing more! official factions don't give a fk about this .. taz are almost dead, osi is glad for their new masters and the other one i even don't know who they are! so what zoners could do? nothing! some rp that is ignored, few pew pew .. damn even of the 1 event some players used a zoner chars that was made on that moment!!! you can search on the foruns that rp was made, pew pew some, but nothing could be done because decisions were already made, so ... why the trouble?
(02-07-2019, 12:37 AM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]What is your opinion on Planet Pygar?

your luck about this is that i have a good memory .. at least for somethings! what you want me to say aboyt a planet that is abandoned except for some "research" where the nomads event started?! one barren world that is only good for archeology? isn't this the excuse that "bretonians" give for not going to sprague instead gran canaria? at least on sprague it was already bretonia territory
pygar is cool
oh wait now i get it!! you van now dock on pygar!! still is a crappy planet, and you expect for zoners to be happy for losing a good planet and get a crappy one? hilarious Big Grin
I think perhaps the intention of this subplot is to inform the Zoners that choosing neutrality in a time of war doesn't get you anywhere. When your principles and your territory are encroached on, you have to pick one to sacrifice. Stick to your diplomatic backbone and yield the planet (which has had the consequence we have already seen), share the planet and have to play favorites with Bretonia for a while (which will have consequences for future diplomacy), or try to cut a deal with other nearby factions to stick it to Bretonia (which will have consequences for future diplomacy). If nobody took your deal because you don't have the military might or economic influence to back your deal, then you lose the planet. It's only fair.

You can't do nothing and expect things to remain the same unless everyone else is also doing nothing. You give up a lot by trying to be nice to everybody. Bureaucracy and treaty-signing only gets you so far.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5