Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New Game Masters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We're pleased to announce our first two Game Masters, and . We are also going through all the moderator applications that have been sent to us so far and we will be accepting more for the next week or two. If you wish to apply, please make a post in this forum using the template in the pinned post there.

In other news, it would appear that Discovery no longer affected by the Russian IP ban since the migration. We are also aware of the inconvenience caused by the rollback earlier this week and we will be setting up a trade event this weekend as compensation.
I would suggest giving them a different colour due to how their role contacts to most of the other developer roles.
Change their colour and call them administrators, this new title sounds so stupid.
(02-08-2019, 07:27 PM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]Change their colour and call them administrators, this new title sounds so stupid.

+1
"Game Master" is weird
(02-08-2019, 07:27 PM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]Change their colour and call them administrators, this new title sounds so stupid.

I think it best at this point for it to be considered a new thing without previous baggage and expectations attached. I don't see why their group display colour is important.
Because they're not devs in terms of actual role. They may now be on the dev team, but I doubt they want to get messages from random people thinking they are the ones actually messing with the game's internal files and stuffz. (Just my own opinion)
(02-08-2019, 07:40 PM)Laz Wrote: [ -> ]Because they're not devs in terms of actual role. They may now be on the dev team, but I doubt they want to get messages from random people thinking they are the ones actually messing with the game's internal files and stuffz. (Just my own opinion)

I have a tangerine yellow name and I don't get such random messages. And my position is a lot less well understood.
The colour has historically been used for traditional devs only, sure, but I'm not sure it needs to stay like that.
(02-08-2019, 07:38 PM)Alex. Wrote: [ -> ]

I think it best at this point for it to be considered a new thing without previous baggage and expectations attached. I don't see why their group display colour is important.

Because in every other gaming community, they're called admins and you're probably going to confuse newer players. This is still a game, it isn't dnd. Colours should indicate role. They're not devs.
Make it something like Red.
I agree with red.
Pages: 1 2 3