Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Memories and logs of Cortana Clark
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Background:

[Image: OKi7vr5.png]

Cortana Clark, at least that’s how she calls herself, wasn’t a wished kid in her original family. She was raised by the streets of Manhattan, spending nights at Homeless Shelters and committing “dirty” jobs. In the age of 14, her house was raided by the officers of LPI. One of them was “kind” enough to adopt her. But his “kindness” followed by the years and years of abuse. Eventually, he ended up married, something Cortana saw as a chance for a change. Sadly enough, her stepfather couldn’t be stopped, so she decided to terrorize his wife. Eventually, it escalated in her suicide, which Cortana was not entirely proud of. However, the abuse continued, and ultimately, she ran out of patience, killing her stepfather with his own gun. She had to avoid the Police for three years, walking on the streets again, out of the school, without a job.

Her one and only chance was an agitation Navy poster outside of the bar. In her thoughts, she saw a normal life with money and a home. The harsh reality was alternative, however. As soon as she signed the papers in the Recruit Office, she was packed into the shuttle with the same other 20 recruits and directed to Virginia System. One of the recruits named Thomas was carrying a small package of Cardamine at the moment and proposed “a sniff” to Cortana, about which she pondered, considering herself to be crazy enough already. However, it was the best for her not to try the drug, because as soon as they have arrived at their destination, all 20 recruits have passed a drug test. Seven results were positive, arrested on the place and sent to Sugarland. The others were instructed to pilot the Very Heavy Snubcraft, not something Cortana was not capable of. She, on the other hand, had her own plans about the ships that were provided to them, as in – to hijack the ship and escape the Liberty space. However, all ships had individual tracking devices installed on them, something that would take Cortana a specialized knowledge to tamper with. So she decided to graduate the Engineering Degree in the Navy Academy. Years passed, and as soon as she graduated, she decided to implement her knowledge on practice.

It was a usual day on patrol in New York, and she was a wingman on that day. She and her co-pilot were monitoring the traffic near the Badlands, a coincident moment to get rid of the tracker. And as she did, by dismounting her co-pilot’s weaponry from his ship and equipping them on her own. The guns were prototypes designated as SILVERFIRE. It was the moment she escaped Liberty, but on her way out, she stumbled upon a hauler with a load of diamonds. Naturally, she couldn’t stand an urge, and she robbed the trader. However, she asked not for the money, but for the cargo itself. She carried as much as she could and destroyed the rest, leaving the hauler alive. And so her adventure outside of Liberty has begun.

Her first decision was to head on to Kusari. And she wasn’t quite impressed neither by the looks of it nor by the people. The Blood Dragons saw high interest in her, but she denied them. Hence their standards were too low for her. For a while, she was freelancing, until she met up with an unknown Outcast, who said that she would definitely fit in their society. Naturally, she had her doubts, but as she socialized further, it was easier for her to be in such company. The turning point was her first interaction with a Nomad entity in the Omicron Minor system. The moment when her mind was opened, when the reality of the Universe, surrounding her, was demonstrated to her. And it was also the moment when she acknowledged her own place in it. She went on a search of associates in her aim to destabilize Liberty, to have her ultimate revenge for all that happened to her.
Signal Incomming...
Testing Signal Strength...
Signal C̴͓̣̟̄́̚o̴̢̘̹̍̇̿r̶̛̬̤͗͛̌͊̈́̎̈́͛r̷̜͎̙̣͙̠̥̱̫̈́̐͋̃̄͌ư̸̲̌̏͌́p̶̥̥͙̤̙̪̐͌͗̽̈͑͗͑̓̕͜ͅt̵̡̝̗͓͚̗̿ẻ̷̯͖͉̫̹͖̱̼̼̀̆d̶̰̉͌͐̓̑̚͝͝...

[Image: VideoGlitch_20190926_152838_2.gif]

[Image: Adobe_20191015_223933.png]
Source: Ų̷͓̲̰̺̻̀̈͛n̵̻̯͕̮͕͓̗̱̩̭̋k̴̠̙̼̤͚̮̽̄̊̎̎̋̍̀ͅͅn̵̝̟̙̮̣̝̩̰̺̦̿͆̍̂ȍ̶͔̺̣w̴͎̗̝̗̦͎̣͐̂͂̾̀͗̓͘͜͝n̶̛͇̳̲̼̯̯͐͌̒̈̐̇̚
Location: R̵͎̮̮̱͙̦̆̍͛͐̄̆̚̕͜ͅĕ̵͓̙̳͙̀̃̕͠ͅd̴̢̯͙̹̗̞̙̎͋̉̌̓́̊̔̓̿a̴̧̬̹͔̩̤͊͐̂͛̌̓̀́̇͝c̷̯̯̹̣̙̪͕̘̃̀̽̇̑̈́͒̈́͝ẗ̵̜̘̙́̋͊̈̿̌͘͜e̸͍̥͛̂̒́͒̐̋̑̕d̸̖̮̖̪̆̐̈́̆
Name: C̴͓̣̟̄́̚o̴̢̘̹̍̇̿r̶̛̬̤͗͛̌͊̈́̎̈́͛r̷̜͎̙̣͙̠̥̱̫̈́̐͋̃̄͌ư̸̲̌̏͌́p̶̥̥͙̤̙̪̐͌͗̽̈͑͗͑̓̕͜ͅt̵̡̝̗͓͚̗̿ẻ̷̯͖͉̫̹͖̱̼̼̀̆d̶̰̉͌͐̓̑̚͝͝
Recipient:
Subject:

*she laughs* so I can say that I forgot about that. Well, I guess that's what happens if you are busy with Research and Development... So where should I start... ah yeah, I got a big promotion, and I now got a bit more to say. Mainly my work stays the same, but I also get more in touch with suppliers and allies. I worked quite hard to get where I'm now. I also started a personal project. The goal of that is basically to "upgrade" myself. *she laughs* That sounds so silly — Anyway time to be a bit more serious. I still have a lot of work to do... I need to work on engines, but we noticed a problem with the fuel that we wanted to use, so I first have to find new functional fuel for us, I might have some ideas, but I currently don't know how to start. My project is going fine. Verac is a real help for me. He can do everything that I'm not able to.. since well yeah, anyway, once my project is completed, the training can finally start. I waited long for this to happen.

*suddenly you can see how Cortana presses her hands against her temples and starts to scream* *She stops screaming and her eyes begin to change color and to begin to glow.*

"Joy. Ours are interested. Ours feel welcomed to be here. Curious. Ours wonders what this is for. Might be a weak form to cherished memories. Amusement. Ours think the Sparkling Darkling is funny. Ours like the Sparkling Darkling. Anger. Ours don't feel in Harmony with the Sparkling Darkling. Ours need to dominate the Sparkling Darkling to speak."

*Her eyes go back to the state they were before and she starts to press her hands against her temples again.*

Yes, and this happened. I got gifted with the Light. It might be not perfect yet since we are not in harmony, but I guess at some point, it will or should be accurate, right? Its probably the greatest gift I ever got, and I feel stronger than ever, but I wouldn't have imagined that it will be that hard and cause so much pain. The main problem is that we are both very dominant, and this causes pain. I got that gift from Melia, my dear Vagrant. I never felt like that towards someone or something. But when I think about Melia, my hearth starts to feel warm, and this was already like that before I got the gift. Well, anyway. I or instead, we got our first Task from Melia. I had to locate any Bases that belongs to the Darklings. I think we completed it successfully. The whole trip around the omicrons went more or less fine.. Thraike had, as usual, our fights on who is in control, but everything else was fine. Sadly we had no encounters with any hostile entities, so it was a bit quiet... I wondered how thraike would handle a fight like that *she laughs* probably better
than I would have treated it. Right now, we wait to see if we get another task from Melia or if we have time to
work on our projects.. I want to finish my "upgrade," but we will see.

*she starts to rub her temples with her fingers*

Well, it seems like thraike would also like to say something.

*she smiles as her eyes change color again*

"Patience. Ours are sure that Melia will soon give as another Task. Ours shall wait and grow stronger till then. Joy. Ours are impressed by the Rift-summoner ours found inside the sphere. Ours also like that you let ours speak. Ours might find harmony soon. Ours shall wait."

*the signal suddenly starts to blur out and the message closes itself*

Signal Fading out...
Losing Signal Strength...
Signal l̵̫̫̬̖͇͓̦͇̞͐̾̿̑̈́̅̉̌͘ó̶͇̜̰̲̭̮̓̾͐̏s̸̡͈̳̟̫̈̈́͒̂̎̏t̵̬͓̿̿͂̽̄̀͌̓̇͠...

Signal Incomming...
Signal C̴͓̣̟̄́̚o̴̢̘̹̍̇̿r̶̛̬̤͗͛̌͊̈́̎̈́͛r̷̜͎̙̣͙̠̥̱̫̈́̐͋̃̄͌ư̸̲̌̏͌́p̶̥̥͙̤̙̪̐͌͗̽̈͑͗͑̓̕͜ͅt̵̡̝̗͓͚̗̿ẻ̷̯͖͉̫̹͖̱̼̼̀̆d̶̰̉͌͐̓̑̚͝͝...

Source: Ų̷͓̲̰̺̻̀̈͛n̵̻̯͕̮͕͓̗̱̩̭̋k̴̠̙̼̤͚̮̽̄̊̎̎̋̍̀ͅͅn̵̝̟̙̮̣̝̩̰̺̦̿͆̍̂ȍ̶͔̺̣w̴͎̗̝̗̦͎̣͐̂͂̾̀͗̓͘͜͝n̶̛͇̳̲̼̯̯͐͌̒̈̐̇̚
Location: R̵͎̮̮̱͙̦̆̍͛͐̄̆̚̕͜ͅĕ̵͓̙̳͙̀̃̕͠ͅd̴̢̯͙̹̗̞̙̎͋̉̌̓́̊̔̓̿a̴̧̬̹͔̩̤͊͐̂͛̌̓̀́̇͝c̷̯̯̹̣̙̪͕̘̃̀̽̇̑̈́͒̈́͝ẗ̵̜̘̙́̋͊̈̿̌͘͜e̸͍̥͛̂̒́͒̐̋̑̕d̸̖̮̖̪̆̐̈́̆
Name: C̴͓̣̟̄́̚o̴̢̘̹̍̇̿r̶̛̬̤͗͛̌͊̈́̎̈́͛r̷̜͎̙̣͙̠̥̱̫̈́̐͋̃̄͌ư̸̲̌̏͌́p̶̥̥͙̤̙̪̐͌͗̽̈͑͗͑̓̕͜ͅt̵̡̝̗͓͚̗̿ẻ̷̯͖͉̫̹͖̱̼̼̀̆d̶̰̉͌͐̓̑̚͝͝
Recipient:
Subject:

Another day, but the same Sh*t. Well, I mean, I still have some good stuff to report, but yeah, some people are not as dumb as you might think they are. So the other day We were roaming around in liberty when we found ourselves in liberty. It is still as ugly and depressing as it was when I left. Anyway, so We were in Alberta and found a massive construction that looks like a giant Jumpgate, I felt how angry Thraike got. So we decided to investigate a bit further, so I contact the Lane Hackers since they are well known to have all kinds of information and sell it for enough credits. I wasn't right after all. Either they knew my name or their statement that I'm to unknown to them is true. Anyway, I have to find another way to get information about that gate. No matter what we need to know more about it, I have a horrible feeling about that thing.

*Suddenly her eyes start to glow for a short time.*

NO Thraike! I'm not finished talking, why do you even want to speak. You have an infinite space to store memories, so why are you interested in talking in front of a screen. I don't get it, so either you are quiet or wait till I let you speak.

So where was I, ah right. Well, the good news is that I had contact with a woman from Deep Space Solutions. She seemed quite smart. She offered us something......

*Her eyes start to glow even stronger now.*

Thraike!!! Don't do it!!!!!

*She starts to scream in pain. Her voice starts to crack, while her eyes glow stronger and stronger and her screaming gets louder*
*She suddenly sits still with only one eye glowing and she stares directly into the camera with not even a single emotion.*
*Out of nothing she starts to bang her head with a full thrust against the desk.*

*Because of the impact the camera shakes and the screen goes black*

Signal Fading out...

Signal Incomming...

Recipient:
Subject:

Okay lets do it once more... So I had to review the log from last time because I only remembered small fragments of what happened.. I need to say its rather horrific to see it myself. I can't say why this happened, but I have my guesses. I would say that's also why Melia wanted to meet us so soon. Anyway, before I continue on this part, I want to finish what I seemed to start last time.

So I said that I met a woman from Deep Space Solutions. She first contacted the commune over the Neural net. I then got assigned to deal with her and that company. Soon after the contact, we met in space, to be more precise in Omicron Beta, not my favorite place but it worked so no complains there. So we talked and exchanged some small talk until we got on the point. She wanted to clarify what happened between the Commune and DSS while her Husband was in charge. What she wanted is to get free passage for her people and her transporter drones... After some talk, we decided to make a contract between us. Yet I wonder why she hurried so much to meet me and yet lets me wait for so long to agree on the deal. I'm a busy person, too, but I need to say such behavior is a bad start for a let's say mutual agreement. I will give her a bit more time, and if she still doesn't react to my messages, I guess the contract will be nullified, and I will send out some squadrons to hunt them down. No one and I mean absolutely no one lets me down like that. I hope she is as smart as she seemed to be, or she might regret the day she took over the company.

*she starts to grin with a deadly look in her eyes as if she is about to murder someone out of pure fun.*

So to come back to the more important topic, after that incident between Thraike and me, Melia wanted to see us as fast as possible. As we heard it's song, we went straight to meet it. It was at first instead Uhm let us say uncomfortable, Thraike and I were still in an intense disharmony, but luckily Melia knew what to do. It is hard to describe what happened, but Melia calmed us...

*Her Eyes start slowly to glow and Cortana nods once.*

"Joy. Ours were able to find harmony through Melia. Ours feel now more comfortable with the Sparkling Darkling, and Ours don't have the need to dominate yours anymore.Curious. Ours still wonders why yours try to work with darklings. Ours think there is no benefit for the light in this cooperation.

*Her Eyes slowly go back to the steel blue color*

So I don't think there is much more to say. I will also upload everything I have about the meeting with Melia so that I have it stored and as a small reminder...

Signal Fading out...

Signal Incomming...

Recipient:
Subject:

So I forgot to upload the last log so that I will do it now. Anyway, so after the first time in Melia's mindscape Thraike and I got, let us say closer to each other. We got the invitation to enter Melia's mindscape two times since then. The second time was instead, calm and understandable.

*Her Eyes slowly starts to glow as she finishes her sentence.*

Joy. Ours were able to achieve harmony, yet ours can evolve further. Ours were given a task from Melia. Ours have to search in the dark voids for knowledge if ours achieve that ours might be able to evolve. Calm. Our will be ready for this task soon.

Yeah, so basically we need to collect knowledge about, well, everything. We will roam around in the whole Sirius systems and all Gallic Systems, trying to gather as much knowledge as possible. Maybe we can even make some "friends." Furthermore, before I continue with the next log, I will upload the record that we were able to gather.

Ours Agree, maybe we can show some worthy Darkling the path of the Light. Amuesment. If ours are not capable of showing them the path, we will devour them.

Signal Fading out...

Signal Incomming...

Recipient:
Subject:

Well, as always I forget something. *she rolls her eyes.*

Two days ago, before we wanted to go on our journey. We decided that it would be best to see Melia one last time, to enter its mindscape and get even closer together so we can be sure not to need Melia when we are on the other side of Sirius. It was indeed the case that it was a good idea. While everything did go smooth, I noticed a presence around me when we were the mindscape. Until I saw a small thin layer that looked almost like it was made out of "light," I can't really describe it. Suddenly Thraike made himself noticed and said that he was able to adapt well, instead evolve. I said that he maybe could evolve even further.

"Curiosity. Yours is doing this again today? Ours are curios why yours is doing that. Amusement. Ours were indeed able to evolve, yet this isn't our full potential. Ours can grow stronger if yours overcome its limitations. Ours still have a long path to go with yours, but ours can feel that we can overcome the darkness within yours. Calm."

I hope you are right. Anyway so, I will upload everything that happened. So, we also got attacked by a few hostile entities. Sadly our ship got blown up as well as another nomad ship. I think Melia made it out alife, but I can't tell for sure, we hadn't had contact since then. Neither did Thraike sing to it.

Signal Fading out...

Signal Incomming...

Recipient:
Subject:

Sometimes I wonder why other Human beings or even robots exist *she laughs*

I was peacefully in Delta when we got a song from Melia that it wants to meet us. So we started to make our way to the voids of creation, and suddenly, I get stopped by an AI drone. The drone goes mad and tells me what options I have and what else. Then I thought well, maybe this drone needs some help to kill stuff, so I thought why not convince it that we are on the same side. Well, it didn't work out in that way, and when Melia arrived, it started to attack me. Anyway, it died I didn't *she laughs* its funny how something that gets hold together by screws thinks it is stronger than the Light.

"Amuesment. Ours agree. Theirs really thought that they would have a chance against ours. Ours hope theirs learned it or ours will do it again and again. Theirs cant spit on the Light and get away with their life. Curiosity. Yet ours have noticed that the dead husk was inhabited by something ours didn't sense what theirs was exactly, but what ours have seen has never been seen before by the Light. Ours shall sing to Melia, and Ours need to tell the Light about the new lifeless threat. Calm."

Indeed. It almost seemed as if that ship was alife, I can't explain it so that I will upload the ship logs. Well, when it died, Melia and Ours decided that we will head back to a safe place. So we started to enter its mindscape, and out of nothing a Mako class Battleship showed up, we don't know how the captain of that ship can be so suicidal to enter such a highly inhabited space. Still, it didn't matter to us because it got shredded into pieces and that in seconds. Sadly Melia wanted to leave afterward, but we will hear its songs soon enough. *she smiles*

Signal Fading out...

Signal Incomming...

Recipient:
Subject:

Time to report a new Log. A lot has happened.

So, We made some excellent progress. We were able to adapt our ship to the Vagrants, and this should make our tasks a fair bit easier. We are now allowed to dock on their bases, which is pretty sweet. Furthermore, we requested a few hybrid technologies from Aoi. We are still waiting for an answer, but if they accept, we will be able to fight even better for the Light. Yet we will write a small project log if they agree, so we have an overview to see how everything worked out. Maybe we can use it later, but first, we need an agreement.

"Anger. Ours got targeted by lifeless husks once again. Yet theirs underestimated ours. Worry. Ours have experienced a strange energy a day before. Ours were in Melia's mindscape, and even theirs have felt the energy and were worried. Nervous."

So yeah this happened too, I honestly think those paranoid androids are hunting us. I mean, we only acted in self-defense, and yet they continue. Maybe we have to end them once and for all. It is rather annoying, but if needed We will defeat them over and over again. Yeah, that strange energy... We have to observe it. I don't know yet where it is coming from, but it is definitely within us. We shall watch and learn from it. I will also load the log up. Maybe it will help us to understand.

Signal Fading out...

Signal Incomming...

[Image: VideoGlitch_20191116_225456_1.gif]

Recipient: Aoi Iseijin
Subject: Help

Well, We think its time to update this.

So.. Where do we start.. We would say the most crucial part comes first. We are currently in the Drake system, and we need to say that it is a beautiful system. It's relatively quiet since we arrived and it's liveable here. We had contact with Aoi in regards to our project
that we will start reasonably soon. We can't tell if they support us when we need it, but we would guess that they will. This technology could give us all a massive advantage over the silly human race.

We also had contact with Melia regarding the unknown energy source within us. We had some ideas about why it might have become more powerful, but we will have to observe it a bit more before we start to jump to conclusions. Right now, it feels like the power stays at the same level, but sometimes, when Thraike gets active we feel how the power gets stronger, we both know that it has something to do with Thraike, but we don't know what. So as Melia said, we shall observe it, and if we can profit from it, we shall exploit it if it would harm us, we should get rid of it. It's also the reason why Thraike won't talk today every time the power grows Thraike gets really exhausted, so we want to keep it as low as possible till we know more.

We also saw what happened in the aftermath of the Bretonian and Gallia war... It could be a chance, but we will have to make contact with the locals. It could be worth it.

Signal Fading out...