Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Who made these?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As some people might know, I've been building various ships from Discovery in SimplePlanes.

So far I have only built 'vanilla' ships or ships that come with the original Freelancer.

The next ship on the 'list' is the Nyx and as far as I know it is a player made ship, so I need to know who made the version pictured in the Wiki (Nyx VHF) so that I can credit the person responsible for the design, as is only right and fair.

The ship after the Nyx is the Lynx, which looks like it could be a bit of a challenge and I will eventually need the same information for that.

I *have* looked for the information I want, but I have not had any joy.

Using Google came up with a cosmetics line for Nyx!
Doom made the Nyx and apparently the Lynx as well ships, You can look it up by checking the ship models in the discovery folders, as they are mostly put in the folders named after their respective creators.
(02-24-2019, 11:09 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]Doom made the Nyx and apparently the Lynx as well ships, You can look it up by checking the ship models in the discovery folders, as they are mostly put in the folders named after their respective creators.

Thanks heaps Sombra, now I won't have to bug people here to find out who made what.

I have just been in game to find the Nyx and got a bunch of screen shots from the ship dealer on New Hope, Planet Pecos.
It looks like I could have actually bought one, but I don't want to give up my Marauder.
Just check stuff out in singleplayer.

Here's a command guide: https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...tid=153172
(02-24-2019, 11:09 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]You can look it up by checking the ship models in the discovery folders, as they are mostly put in the folders named after their respective creators.

This is not, strictly speaking, correct. I know you said mostly but by mostly I have to assume you're referring to all of the ones in named folders, and excluding the ones in more generic folders such as
ships\discovery\cruisers
ships\discovery\battleships
ships\discovery\coalition
etc

But there are probably at least a dozen ships in named folders which are miscredited, which Aeternus Doleo did repeatedly. Some examples being Dartstriker's Junker ships under Crackpunch's folder, who never made a model in his life as far as I'm aware, and the Armicustos being under my folder despite it being modeled by either Madvillian or Curios, can't remember which.