Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Unlawful Trading (Not Smuggling)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So I know the smuggling routes have been buffed lately but the routes for Revolutionary factions or Unlawful Factions that dont participiate in Drugs and other stuff like artifacts and all are still hopeless.

I've had a conversation with someone saying that if we'd buff the unlawful ore sell points, you'd have Zoners all over the place (because they cant dock on House Space with a 5ker) and I understand that.

So I wanted to propose, what if we allow factions like Blood Dragons, Order, Coalition, Red Hessians, Mollys, Council (Those that do not partake in smuggling drugs, artifacts or whatever) to fly a 5ker to make their routes somewhat profitable? Cuz I think having an additional 700 - 800 cargo might do the trick without realy ruining OR touching the economy at all. What do you think?
I agree with this. Aside from the Order, which doesn't actually have any cargo restrictions, the rest of these factions unneedingly have cargo restrictions, but sit either at the beginning or the end of large-profit cargo runs. While the Hessians and Coalition seem to be pretty active, the Mollys and BD are admittedly pretty dead, and I think these would make their runs fairly more appetizing to fly, especially if they had the cargo space to make it worthwhile without being a Zoner Whale, giving them a more active player base

I'd like to see this taken into mind with future developments.
they can fly 4.3 k transports .... i don't know in what 700 more cargo units will make such big diference!! What i think that could change is that tyhe blood dragons have nothing unique! The red hessians have blood diamons, corsair artifacts and so on and on, but blood dragons ... nothing!!!
I had an idea, for a commodity like, "Plundered Goods" which would be sold from Junker/Capitals Unlawful bases and ferried off to the various bases in the house, A sort of Unlawful Alcohol type thing
(02-25-2019, 05:11 PM)Vulkhard Muller Wrote: [ -> ]I had an idea, for a commodity like, "Plundered Goods" which would be sold from Junker/Capitals Unlawful bases and ferried off to the various bases in the house, A sort of Unlawful Alcohol type thing

Vodka, Whisky, Sake buff pls : )
Are the volograd arms balanced with contraband prices? I know Kemwer isn't.
(02-25-2019, 06:45 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Are the volograd arms balanced with contraband prices? I know Kemwer isn't.

kinda the same like Kemwer if I remember right.
Smuggling is not a powertrader’s game. On the surface smuggling looks less enticing for profiteers than trading. The cargo cap and riskier routes are just a few reasons why. But look closer and you’ll see some smuggling routes have the biggest payouts of the mod. It just takes a different approach to repeatedly hitting dock and watching netflix.

5kers belong to large corporates, it’s just about the only edge they have. Don’t take that away from them.

On a seperate note, the more illegal commodities you add, the more paperwork lawfuls need to deal with to account for them. There’s currently at least 14 universally illegal commodities plus 8 locally illegal commodities and that’s not even counting rheinland’s long list of restricted cargo. There’s plenty to choose from. My only requests would be to make some of them more widely available. But i appreciate that it can be difficult to counterbalance with a healthy trading dynamic.

As for whisky, vodka and etc. If it aint illegal, it’s just trading. Same rules of balancing apply which are usually based on distance alone.
(02-26-2019, 09:08 AM)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]Smuggling is not a powertrader’s game. On the surface smuggling looks less enticing for profiteers than trading. The cargo cap and riskier routes are just a few reasons why. But look closer and you’ll see some smuggling routes have the biggest payouts of the mod. It just takes a different approach to repeatedly hitting dock and watching netflix.

5kers belong to large corporates, it’s just about the only edge they have. Don’t take that away from them.

On a seperate note, the more illegal commodities you add, the more paperwork lawfuls need to deal with to account for them. There’s currently at least 14 universally illegal commodities plus 8 locally illegal commodities and that’s not even counting rheinland’s long list of restricted cargo. There’s plenty to choose from. My only requests would be to make some of them more widely available. But i appreciate that it can be difficult to counterbalance with a healthy trading dynamic.

As for whisky, vodka and etc. If it aint illegal, it’s just trading. Same rules of balancing apply which are usually based on distance alone.

Fricking restriction lists. I hate them so much. They add unnecessary fluff or silly RP where most newbies and indies can't be bothered with and get harassed by local police. You wanna bring Light Arms to Bretonia? GET A PERMIT. What a nonsense.
(02-26-2019, 09:42 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]Fricking restriction lists. I hate them so much. They add unnecessary fluff or silly RP where most newbies and indies can't be bothered with and get harassed by local police. You wanna bring Light Arms to Bretonia? GET A PERMIT. What a nonsense.

We need to automate this.
Pages: 1 2 3