Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Another Azurite Suggestion: Azurite Creates Batteries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think the Omicrons have too many mining commodities, and having two in one system in Delta is also not really sensible design.

Azurite was supposed to replace remains in POB equipment production. Whilst ideally this should have been done long ago, if it was done now it'd be a negative change rather than a positive one as so much POB equipment has flooded the market that the need to manufacture it has greatly decreased.

So instead of making it a component to manufacture POB equipment, what if instead it was used to create Cloak and Jump batteries?
  • Remove Cloak/Jump batteries from NPC bases.
  • Create an easy to build (innate?) module for POBs in which they can manufacture batteries with Azurite at a rate of 1:1.
  • Batteries become a resource that must be manufactured.
  • Azurite gains a use other than being Iridium2.
  • Activity is created through the mining of Azurite as it now has an essential and useful purpose (to enable the use of POB equipment).
Good idea, would like to see this!
- Core/Order suddenly have a monopoly on a critical component required for gameplay features
- Big inconvenience for JD/Cloak users by heavily reducing the availability of special equipment ammunition
- PoB-Plugin editing required
- Using JD/Cloak would probably become way more expensive, thus less activity as people get punished for jumping or making use of their cloaks
Alex approves. Maybe not 1:1 tho. Or increase the mining bonus then.
(02-28-2019, 06:22 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]- Core/Order suddenly have a monopoly on a critical component required for gameplay features
- Big inconvenience for JD/Cloak users by heavily reducing the availability of special equipment ammunition
- Using JD/Cloak would probably become way more expensive, thus less activity as people get punished for jumping or making use of their cloaks

I personally disapprove of the idea for these points and can safely say I won't be making the edits required for this to be a viable option.
(02-28-2019, 06:22 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]- Core/Order suddenly have a monopoly on a critical component required for gameplay features
[...]

Azurite was going to be used in POB equipment production and as far as I'm aware that still is going to be the case - it's just, as you said, meddling with the POB plugin can be tricky. Implementing it as I've suggested vs the original idea for implementation would be more productive as long as there's POB equipment that uses consumables, people will always need ammo.

It's not really a monopoly (I mean, as you outlined it'd be mined by two factions, and mono = one) as any Tom, Dick and Harry could just make a Core or Order ID'd miner to fetch Azurite for their own POBs if they really feel too sheepish about contacting Core and Order for RP. All in all, this component of gameplay is simply repurposed to create activity and a gameplay loop, as well as preventing Azurite from stagnating if it's purpose was for anything else.

(02-28-2019, 06:22 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]- Big inconvenience for JD/Cloak users by heavily reducing the availability of special equipment ammunition

People would use Cloaks/JDs less for avoiding interaction... and it'd mean less activity?

[Image: thinking-face_1f914.png]

Jokes aside could just buff POB equipment if it becomes dependable on a mineable resource. I wouldn't really call it a big inconvenience though. Perhaps at first as the system is adopted, but once the ammo is widely available on bases (which I'm sure the community would adopt in no time) people would adjust.
(02-28-2019, 06:40 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]it's just, as you said, meddling with the POB plugin can be tricky. Implementing it as I've suggested vs the original idea for implementation would be more productive as long as there's POB equipment that uses consumables, people will always need ammo

Currently, with how it's written recipes are hardcoded for certain items and you can only build one at a time. So yes, a lot of editing will be required. I wish you luck in getting someone to do it.
If Laz wouldn't do it then no-one would. Tongue
Is this another post to deceive everyone into giving another commodity for the Core to say that you have yet another 'monopoly' on a market?

Jesting aside, Azurite was meant to replace Nomad remains in the cloaking factory - and I believe you were told this too. It was never meant to replace everything, it's not even a direct fuel. I think the system is okay-ish as it is.
(02-28-2019, 06:51 PM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]Jesting aside, Azurite was meant to replace Nomad remains in the cloaking factory - and I believe you were told this too. It was never meant to replace everything, it's not even a direct fuel. I think the system is okay-ish as it is.

Duh. If Azurite was one of several components in creating batteries, then that would be incredibly messy as it's a consumable. Remains being one of many components in the recipes for POB equipment works as it's not a consumable. Hence why, as compared to the original concept for their implementation in POB equipment, (hypothetically) it'd be better if they were the only component needed for batteries. From a gameplay perspective at least, that's much better. Roleplay wise, Azurite Batteries could just be considered to make power transfer between the core of the ship and the equipment itself much more efficient if you really wanted to nitpick.

As things are right now, what's the point in having a mining commodity in the same system/region that's essentially almost a duplicate of another one? Even if it gets moved (the Azurite reactor and the Iridium field should have been swapped, or at least the Azurite reactor should get moved into somewhere like Iota), it's still just kind of "eh".
Pages: 1 2