Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Looking for: Criticism (Kaelan Feedback)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I am in Disco for a long run this time, so I'd like to ask people to help me out in improving my RP with criticism, because I probably should do that before I make a dumb mistake for the nth time.

For some context, I value live RP greatly over forumlancing because of personal preferences and because I take too long at writing for forumlancing. My roleplaying style is very reactionary and in-the-moment based, so to speak: I am not good at describing areas, and I don't care about making detailed or impactful stories, I care about creating moments and playing characters as things happen. Therefore, expect that most of my forumlancing will consist of diary entries, talking to people, outright importing in-game logs, or seemingly disjointed and isolated events if I'm feeling particularly uncreative.

tl;dr Please criticize my roleplaying in-game and in the forums. I rp in-game more often than in the forums because I suck at writing but I am better at interacting.

Also, I try to tie my Stories & Biographies threads to relevant Communications Channel threads that I post in, so you don't have to search!!

Active roleplaying projects that I like:
-Alky Limited by Leonard Victor & Klaus Gerhardt (2016/2019)
Notice: The 2016 portion only lasted a month or so.

-Scout for Hire: A lunatic in an Arrow in the Omicrons (2019)
Ironically, this is my most active project. He's a lot of fun. He is the second in command of the new Freeport 11 Anti-Alien Defense & Intelligence Squadron, the Velvet Wing.

-Super Sniffer: An opera-obssessed, cardamine hooked Liberty Rogue Bomber pilot (2019)
A nearly-suicidal double Nova Rogue. He blares Opera while interacting with his enemies.

Active roleplaying projects that I don't take very seriously:
-Malenkiy Komar ("Small Mosquito") - A Coalition light fighter pilot. The ship's designation is not his real name.

Relevant roleplays from the distant past:
-Carl Harrisford, a Liberty Navy 5th Fleet pilot (2016)
Ended abruptly when I entered my second year of college. I don't intend on bringing him back.

-Michael Christopher, an estranged ex-xenoarcheologist who poked around the Omicrons (2016)
I liked this character. However, he was too hard to play, so I didn't go very far.

-Henrique Ferreira, a Maltese 75th Mosquitos pilot who used to be a slaver (2012)
This was my favourite character to play as by a wide margin. When I left Discovery in 2012, he was technically still active and I let use him as a minor character for the FĂ©nice D'oro thing. He had a cousin, who was far less interesting.

-Kalan Yamato, a Freelancer turned to LSF (2010/2011)
This was my first roleplay in Discovery. I was 13 years old at the time, so you can expect quality out of this one.

I update my current character roster (which has more characters) frequently on my profile.