Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Halp, got a nice annoying issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well hello.

I've been suffering from several issues with FL shortly after the three last patches involving the Launcher.

First, an issue before:
1. Following the new server provider, I have constant 150ms and some % lag, before I had nice and neat 20ms and all fine.

Now to the actual issue, following the update of the launcher, my FL suddenly started to crash in fullscreen mode with a custom desktop resolution.
Now I am forced to play on 1920x1080 and windowed mode as fullscreen in general simply makes the game crash and even leave my PC with blackscreen for half an hour or more at times. Forcing the game into fullscreen with alt + enter does work, but I cannot leave this fullscreen mode anymore then, nor can I alt tab and upon closing the game it freezes while shut down for a few seconds.

I already made a fresh install some week ago but the issue remains. Hardware of my PC is all fine too, checked everything and can only see the Launcher as last source of the issue. Perhaps something went a bit wrong? Is anyone else having similar problems?
Any help welcome, 1920x1080 in windowed mode makes FL a pain to play, can't even see the hull bar XD
What's your desktop resolution?
1920x1080. I had it set at.. yeah must have been 1600x900 through the launcher argument. Current one makes FL painfully stretched, you know.
But even if I set it this way in the argument, it either works as windowed mode (forcing this into fullscreen makes it immediatly change to FL's limit of 1920x1044) or not at all.
(03-02-2019, 01:21 PM)NieRdackel Wrote: [ -> ]Following the new server provider
The provider has not changed. Same provider, same location.

(03-02-2019, 01:21 PM)NieRdackel Wrote: [ -> ]Now to the actual issue, following the update of the launcher, my FL suddenly started to crash in fullscreen mode with a custom desktop resolution.
Now I am forced to play on 1920x1080 and windowed mode as fullscreen in general simply makes the game crash and even leave my PC with blackscreen for half an hour or more at times. Forcing the game into fullscreen with alt + enter does work, but I cannot leave this fullscreen mode anymore then, nor can I alt tab and upon closing the game it freezes while shut down for a few seconds.

Have you tried a non-bloom version, or rather using the original d3d8 dll? (If you need a copy of the totally unaltered dll (which I don't even think comes with stock Disco anymore), let me know)