Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Lane Hackers - LH~
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: cCz6TGw.gif]

:::encrypted_message_received:::

:::decoding_process_activated:::

-accessing_message_content-

To: <"The Professorship">
""<History>""

[Image: LCB2tay.png]
:::videofeed_disabled:::

You already know the purpose behind this communication. We had an informal agreement running back in the hay-day of Liberty's underworld. When threatened by a mutual aggressor, whether the bastards in question were the Navy, Police or LSF. Today of course it's the new threats of Gallia or some scum-sucker like the Crayterian Republic and their rebel boys, whatever the case it only makes sense for us to set aside our differences in the interest of our own goals.

The past decade has been filled with utter neglect of this little tradition that we both respected, but the new boss wants to turn us back to our roots. The Alliance is therefore expressing a willingness to acknowledge this informal and unwritten understanding once more. When the Underworld is threatened, it must stand together or die due to infighting. We would prefer doing the former, regardless of how bad temporarily collaborating with you might feel. It's survival.

This is all assuming that being Malta's sock-puppet for so long hasn't eroded that soft mushy thing in your head to the point that you don't see reason and logic anymore. Let's hope that that's not the case.

""Do we have an understanding?""

:::message_deletion:::
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Professor.Provocateur.Goro.Yoshida.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: w8eVlaW.png][Image: oAsa1LZ.png]

It has come to my attention that Xeno militants have not exhibited in the past few weeks the typical savage, animalistic, inane, frivolous, and simple-minded approach while encountering my men. I was so astonished that I immediately consulted our expert, a former zoo keeper, who - after a thorough analysis - re-assured me that you are just exhibiting the self-preservation characteristic, typically found in every animal.

And now you send us a message which is not only intelligible but logically sound as well. So the first thing I did was to dismiss our "Xeno expert" who apparently gravely underestimated you. I will not tolerate any advisors who do not treat your "movement" with the level of respect that it deserves.

I will also not address your concerns about our intelligence or mental capacity, everyone knows that the Xenos are the experts on this field.

Instead, after reading the logs in the diplomatic channel, I would like to applaud you for your courage to acknowledge IMG's plight, despite them being located outside Liberty, and thus outside of your bubble. This great betrayal committed by the Crayter Republic cannot be left unanswered and I'm glad that you are on the same page as we are.

The Underworld, my dear Xenos, is divided because Hellfire Legion stabbed in the back their allies. Have no doubt that they will betray you also, the very moment you're no longer useful to them. It is very sorrowful that the Xenos do not foresee that happening or that the Legion's betrayal is akin and identical with the one that Crayter just committed against the IMG. However in our case, you did not come to our aid, but instead you opened your doors to the traitors and made them your allies.

Not exactly allies, you made them your masters. They exploited the fact that no one likes you in the entire Sirius Sector and used you to push their own agenda. They are sucking up your resources and manpower, leaving no room for growth to your movement. Except theirs. But this is what you want, right?

On the other hand, the Lane Hackers had never opposed your movement. From the first shot, till now we are on the defensive, merely exercising our right to self-defense against your attacks. And despite that we are neither holding grievances nor grudges. If you ever realize the damage that the Legion has caused to your movement, we will be there to offer our hand and assist you. As for your offer, I do not see why we should trust the Alliance will keep their word this time.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

To: <"Professor-Provocateur Yoshida">
""<History>""
[Image: lREAHKo.jpg]
:::videofeed_activated:::

I think you'll forgive me when I say that I really don't want to have to address you by your prescribed title. For the sake of verbal ergonomics, I'll be addressing you as Mister Yoshida. No point in keeping this a faceless representation either, you've come to us as the apparent leader from your side. And since I've got nothing to be scared of, so will I.

But I've forgotten my manners. I am Damian Morreti, current Squadron Commander of the Alliance. Consider me the head of the snake if that play on words gives you any amusement. Also colour me surprised that you can not only take a joke, but return a little witty sarcasm of your own.

But this is about business. More specifically business that is of interest to both of us. So let me address a few key points. Yes, the Xenos are a movement invested in Liberty. But I'm sure you know the history that ties the Guild and us back to the same event in 600 A.S. To put it simply and not waste either your time or mine, the unemployed either found respite with the Guild or stayed and formed the Xenos. The sense of empathy we had for one another then hasn't gone away despite the centuries that have passed.

Now, let's address the elephant in the room. The Legion or the Commonwealth, whatever gets them off these days. And I'm going to address this point by simply saying - Yes, you are right. You are so right. And I know full well what the Legion has been doing and intends to do if given the chance. And I am prepared for it. Which is why you'll find us taking action to properly address this problem in the coming days. For reasons that elude me, we've lived in the shadow of a selfish regime and previous Commanders have been content to take this lying down.

But the Legion is a threat, not just to you but to us. And when we are mutually threatened, I think you already know what has to be done.

""Don't you?""

:::message_terminated:::
...uploading.data...

Mr Morreti, it warms my heart that you finally decided to declare independence from your overlords.

For a moment, I even believed you.

Perhaps you thought we let our guard down, that you would manage to score a few kills after tricking the Hackers. Is this why your men came to Badlands seeking blood? Well, unfortunately for you, your nefarious plan did not work as intended. Your men were hammered down so badly that they are probably now wetting their pants every night in the sheer thought of the horrors they suffered at the hands of my men.

But I digress. Is there anything else you need from the Professorship before I terminate this connection? It would be a shame for our communication to end so quickly.

""<History>""

Mister Yoshida.

I'll be honest, you've blind-sided me a bit here. I didn't order any hostilities or cut-throat attempts to undermine you, your interests or your people. But rather the exact opposite. In fact, I tasked one of my finer operatives with getting in touch with your people to ascertain if all this recent aggression Serpentis has been throwing my way has resulted in any cases of insubordination. I will make the following open to you.

There is a very clear-cut reason why I had one of my best men investigating this, Yoshida. It's that I don't want the Legion getting more god-damn bloated while we fight. As much as your organization and my movement have a history of bad-blood between each other, you have to trust me when I say that there was no order of aggression.

HQ announcement Wrote:16th March, 826 A.S:
Lane Hackers are to be ignored and treated as neutral entities for the time being unless found to be violating our operational security, goals or other pertinent matters in some shape or form.

I've been informed of who was responsible for this only mere moments ago by the same operative, who had coincidentally run into your people in Colorado. Apparently, it was "Sonora", one of our more "idealistic" members, perhaps a little too thoughtful for their own good. Action will be taken immediately and it'll be strict. We won't tolerate absolute open defiance of the chain of command. Especially with all that's at stake.

I'm furious, if all I wanted was a cheap surprise attack, why would I make all this effort? Does it seem logical to you that I would do all this work, coordinate every man and woman under my command to fall in line and stop shooting, only to then throw logic aside and revert back to being the Legion's play-thing?

I'm making myself completely clear. We need to go forward with this, together. The more time we spend at each other's throats, the more our lovely little friends in Vespucci benefit off all the chaos. They've already gotten too big for their breeches. Don't let the actions of one flippant "rogue" in our ranks throw all of this into the furnace.

Be rest assured that I will address this insubordination personally and harshly.

""Are we still on the same page?""

...uploading.data...

Mr Morreti if that was not your master plan then I expect those responsible to transfer 10,000,000 SC to Elektra.King as compensation for the ammo spent taking them down as well as for the psychological duress that my colleague was under. As you can tell, she is a very sensitive lady.

It's also good to hear that you are focused on the Legion. It is well known that the Xenos generously supported the Legion all these years since Navy defectors have little knowledge of civilian occupations which your workers know all too well. So I was wondering, Mr Morreti, if the Alliance would be interested in reclaiming all this work and resources they naively handed over to the Legion.

What is rightfully yours, should be yours again.

""<History>""

Mister Yoshida.

I was just about to wire the money from a personal, secure and obscure neural-net account of mine, but I was promptly informed that one of my Operatives had already forwarded the payment of their own volition and out of their own initiative. The Alliance will accept responsibility for the undue hostilities, clearly I hadn't been quick enough in getting all of my men in line. If anything, this incident has revealed a critical flaw in our communication system to me, one I'll be rectifying immediately.

Moving on to business, the Legion's long overdue for a rude awakening. They've lived in a wonderfully comfy shell of idealism. You're damn right we should take back what's ours, not just in terms of stealing our thunder back, but by reclaiming everything that isn't bolted down. Their ships, their guns, the luxuries they idly enjoy, they owe it all to the tireless and unquestioning assistance of the Alliance over the years. Without you and without us, there wouldn't be a Legion.

I want the Commonwealth burned out of the history books. We were thrown to the side once by Liberty, a second time by the Commonwealth. There will never, at least in my lifetime be a third occurrence of such historical duplicity. But before we cherish the burning skull being reduced to rust and ash, we need to acknowledge some key problems with cutting the Legion out of our diplomatic circle after being reliant on them for so many years.

Chief of these problems is hardware reliance, if half of Serpentis and a bulk of my operatives weren't using "Prosecutors", I would have no qualms with telling the Legion to go stick itself silly. If we snap ties and openly declare hostilities, we lose two things. One is the know-how and parts required to maintain said Prosecutors and the other being the element of surprise.

We have engineers capable of working with the Libertonian engineering of the ship, but every-time I ask someone to take a look at the consoles, engine system and internals, they look at me as if I'd stuttered. The problem is simply the fact that we can't jump over the hurdle that is your Intellectual Property still present in the Prosecutor. If you can help us clear that obstacle, then you'll be paid back for such a gesture in kind.

One mode of repayment would be some information that you could perhaps put to work, I really doubt a B.M.F science vessel hanging around in Kansas near a shady station would be especially wise for Bretonia's P.R given the current optics that are at work. The second would be knowledge of a crucial Legion outpost that bridges the gap between our territory and theirs logistically.

It's in perfect striking distance from us, and a Trojan Horse would work rather nicely.

""Time for some retribution, hmm?""

...uploading.data...

Mr Morreti, I hope you are well.

Based on outdated Lane Hacker technology, the Prosecutor is indeed a very formidable asset on the battlefield. No wonder why you prize them so highly. Rest assured however that once you can no longer rely on Legion mechanics, you may find your Prosecutors being serviced by those who developed the design in the first place.

I understand the timing and the element of surprise are crucial for a flawless victory against our common foe so I am not going to ask you to reveal your true intentions already. That is why we also still list the Xenos as enemies of the Lane Hackers and offer bounties for your heads even if we avoid direct engagements any longer. Changing any of those may raise suspicions which we don't need right now. However don't expect us to fully trust your word yet. You will have to prove that your word is iron and unbreakable as I have demonstrated many times publicly in the past and until you back those words with actions we will continue to be overprotective and suspicious with the Alliance.

[Image: GBcJho1.gif]

Reg: ""<History>""

Mister Yoshida.

Forgive the mild delay. I was overhauling our communications system, needless to say I spent the last two days doing exactly what I hated from my life under the law's thumb - copious typing. And yet.. despite my obsessive attention to detail, I forgot to program the optronics to pick up colour. Of all things. Colour!

Apologies again, that was bit of a rant. But I'm just peachy, thanks for asking. I trust you've been holding up? With reciprocation of pleasantries concluded, allow me to address what must have been a confusion. The mistake my predecessors made was not demanding that all technical documentation on Legion equipment be turned over to the Alliance. This caused our current reliance on their technicians. Needless to say I don't want to repeat this trend with your people, not because we don't trust you but because we'd trust you more if you gave us the knowledge to keep our birds air-worthy ourselves and therefore free from the fake state's influence.

I adorn a reptilian moniker just like the rest of my men, but don't let that fool you. It's obvious that I see the bigger picture, it's why I lead. I waste no time on sentiment, I see efficiency as a primary pursuit, of course within the scope of our principles. Do with this evidence[:X:|:X:] what you will, sell it and keep the money for your own accounts. It's a gesture.

And don't worry, I completely understand the need to keep up appearances. I will see to it that we keep honouring our end of the agreement, if there's an opportunity to assist you in mutually beneficial agendas, I'll be receptive to them. Like it or not, we're in this together. Can't topple a Nation, even a laughable one, if we're too busy picking on each other. Hesperia would be a nice start to the beginning of a new era. We can talk more on that once you feel more trusting in my abilities as a partner and a leader.

""Keep in touch""

[Image: XA-Bottom_zps61637453.png]
...uploading.data...

Mr Morreti.

You are a man full of surprises. I could not, even in my wildest dreams, believe to find a Xeno as subtle and refined as you are. Your "evidence" cannot unfortunately be used effectively but it was a good first try and the gesture is deeply appreciated.

As for your other request I can at this point state that the Lane Hackers are known to be generous with their friends, perhaps too generous. Convince us that your intentions are genuine and sincere, and you will only benefit from our friendship.

Pages: 1 2 3